Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pair of Challenges

I was able to complete a couple challenges between yesterday and today.  The first one was a sketch challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Design girls:

DCBD119 For this we were to only use SAB products.  I think I have od'ed on SAB stuff because this card just doesn't do a thing for me. I am cravin' a change!  Anway, here it is:

 

DSCF3514

I altered the sketch a tiny little bit in order to use the scalloped image from Polka Dot Punches.

The second challenge was Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge:

MFT Challenge 1

I don't have any of Papertrey's colors, so I used SU's colors of Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie & Regal Rose for my card:

 

 

DSCF3513

I think Pink Passion probably would have been a closer match, but I had this Sweet Always DP that had the same colors and I wanted to use it! The only problem was that the DP had no So Saffron stripes, so I took my SS marker and colored in some of the white stripes and made my own "designer" DP!  Verve's Petals & Stems provided my butterfly (and the little dots on the pink panel); the twill is from Taylored Expressions and the little blings on the antennae is from my stash!  The sentiment is also from Verve, Here For You.  Oh, and I almost forgot...this uses Beate's Weekend Sketch!  This is another card for my friend who is back on chemo treatment.

Finally, my DH surprised me with this when I came home from a party Friday night:

DSCF3518

Ah, so nice to have these up on the wall and off my stamping area!  I had a few spare moments to organize and clean up some of my other bins, but I have a long way to go before it is totally organized.  Just one step at a time!

23 comments:

mudmaven said...

Great cards LeAnne! What a nice surprise for you too. I have my punches on those towel racks too and I just love them! ~chris

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, LeAnne. Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great cards. I really like the accents you used on the butterflies. Great job with the fun color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Ilse Vargas said...

They are all very nice! And finally today we went to Ikea to buy bars for my punches :D There's already one on the wall, two more to go... Greetings!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I love both of your cards. The layering on the first one looks awesome and the second one is so sweet. Love those butterflies!

Broni said...

Love these cards! So fresh and spring-like! I'm so ready!! (I tagged you on my blog!)

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great cards...I like them both. What a great hubby...I like how you organized your punches!

Kristin Moore said...

I totally get what you're saying about being sick of SAB stuff- I've OD'd on it too! I hate to say it, but I think the challege only required you to use at least 1 thing from SAB. But now, that you're done, your card is just lovely! Your layers and buttons and other details are just perfectly in sync!

Ooh, and that butterfly card is wonderful! Love those colors- thanks for pointing me to another awesome challenge!

Hayley said...

Great cards - love the punch rails too! Wow I can't wait til I have as many punches as you.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave me such lovely comments.

Renee said...

Gorgeous cards LeAnne! I did a sketch and I'm gonna do another today...got to get myself involved more! I've got so many stamps and the poor things are being neglected! Oh and of course I can't stay out of the SU catty!!
BTW love your punch storage :)

Kelly Lunceford said...

Oh my word...these are so cute! I really like the butterfly card! Great colors!

dpkennedy said...

Aww, great hubby! Looks great! Your card is so pretty to...I love the colors you used! When my and the hubs were dating, he let himself into my apt while I was at work and when I came home he had built me a giant stamp display shelf! He WAS so romantic. Now he's just tired. Kids... Oh well.

Christi Flores said...

Your cards are adorable and I LOVE your new punch organization! What a sweet DH you have!

Barbara said...

Really cute cards, LeAnne!!! Love them both. And WTG to your DH! What a nice surprise!!

ChristineCreations said...

I really want some of these. I think it would make such a difference in how you can use and find your punches, and they are out of your way! What a sweet hubby!

Juanita said...

Great workon all the challenges. I haven't had the time to play with any of those yet, hopefully tomorrow.
I am bugging my DH to put my punches up like that, but he hates putting holes in the wall.

Cheryl said...

Very pretty cards--I especially like the striped one. BTW, I've never seen anyone else who spells their name like you do, except my sister. I'll have to tell her there's another Le-capital A-nne in the world...

Winter said...

So sweet! Cute butterflies! Great idea for those punches! :)

Kristin Moore said...

You WON you WON!!! The DCBD challenge with this card- be sure to stop back at the blog to get your prize!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! You have won the DIVA CHALLENGE #119. Please come and join us again every week.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Sweet cards, and what a sweet hubby! And you won??? What'd you win?

Pam said...

Congrats on winning the Diva Coffee Break Designs contest! Very pretty card!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.