Sunday, March 15, 2009

Simple Green

DSCF3439-1

No, this is not a post for a cleaning product! This simple card took me about five minutes to make once I figured out what I wanted to do, compared to the hour I wasted on the one before, which I won't even post. Ick. Anyway, this fulfills three challenges again, the NMBS Group Challenge, to use a stamp set from the upcoming SU Occasions catalog; the Stamp Something Challenge, to use green; and the Our Creative Corner Challenge, which was to use limited layers and embellishments.

DSCF3442

I seem to be making cards that are a challenge to photograph lately. This card is one of those "donut" cards where there is a hole punched in the front and your image pops out from the inside. See what I mean here:

DSCF3445

The Sage Shadow cardfront was embossed with my new Sissix Eyelet Texturz plate (it does not emboss as deeply as a CB folder, IMHO) and punched out with the new SU scallop oval punch. The image is from Oval All, stamped in Stazon on Shimmery White and watercolored with Pink Pirouette. It was punched out with the regular scallop punch and adhered with a dimensional onto another Pink Pirouette scalloped punchout. I used a piece of (hoarded) eyelet ribbon from the Dress Up collection. Here's another view:

DSCF3441




I think this is a fun style of card to make, one that is easy, but has a "wow" factor!








  • Stamps: Oval All
  • Paper: Shimmery White, Pink Pirouette, Sage Shadow
  • Ink: Stazon Black, Pink Pirouette
  • Acc: Aquapainter, Dress Up eyelet ribbon, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Dimensionals, Sissix Texturz Plate

8 comments:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Simply beautiful LeAnn! Thanks for joining the SS challenge. :)

Christi Flores said...

This is simply gorgeous!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

This looks so pretty! I'll have to try that!

Juanita said...

Love the ribbon and the eyelet embossing. Great use of a theme.

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! I love that clever design!

Dori Shelton said...

This is gorgeous and simply stunning!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty and elegant design!! Great take on the challenge!! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fabulous green themed card! BR-T