Monday, March 2, 2009

An Empty Box

DSCF3298

Well, it's empty now, but this little "round top" box will eventually be filled with some goodies!  Can't you just see if filled with a nice bag of chocolates!  Yum!!!  I have had this unassembled box floating around my desk since before vacation, so I finally worked on it today.  It was a SCS challenge from a couple weeks ago, you can see it here.  I had fun making the little embellishment, too:

DSCF3297  I just took a scrap of taffeta ribbon and some needle & thread, and ran a line of running stitches along one edge, then drew it up tight and tied it off.  I added a button to the center and it was done!  The band in the first photo looks crooked, but it is just the angle from which it was taken.  This was kind of a quickie throw-together project, I would like to do another one soon!  I can see lots of possibilities for future projects!

  • Stamps:  Friends 24-7, Friendly Words Wheel
  • Paper:  Kraft, Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Chocolate Chip
  • Ink:  Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Basic Brown
  • Acc:  Eyelet Border Punch, Kraft Taffeta, Button Bouquet, BB Marker, Sponge Daubers, Distresser, needle & thread

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a really beautiful project! Ali

Broni said...

This is FANTASTIC, LeAnne! I LOVE it!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! You have serious talent, girl. This looks GREAT!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

OH my word...this is so cute! I Love it! You have used some of my faves on this! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful project LeAnne. I love your ribbon flower you made and the color combo is so pretty!

Ifat Art said...

That's a great box, LeAnne!
Just awesome.

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt

Kay Kalthoff said...

WOW!! This is totally AWESOME!! I just LOVE this box. It really works wonders with this stamp set, too. (not so crazy about this stamp set ... but you could almost convince me with this project!lol!)
Kay

Tammy Hershberger said...

LOVE that ribbon/flower thingy!!! What a neat idea!

Renee said...

OMG LeAnne I love this! This is so cool...love the colors and everything about it!

craftsbyjodi said...

This is beautiful!!! The colors look great together

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am so impressed with your box, it's gorgeous! Love the colours, too!