Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Color Throwdown #32

CTD32 banner

Week 32 has Broni choosing some warm springy colors for our CTD Challenge palette!  The colors of Barely Banana, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose are sure to bring a whiff of spring to your senses!  We hope you'll play along with us--upload your creation to your blog or an online gallery, and then add the link to Mr Linky on the Color Throwdown blog!  Remember, you may be chosen as our Featured Stamper!

CTD32 swatch

I was looking at Sharon's No Time to Stamp blog and came across this card and fell in love with it!  Although her card is technically a gift card holder, I adapted it to make a card just a little bit smaller than a standard-sized card as  I had some smaller envelopes and I wanted something to fit them.  Some of my Basic Grey papers were perfect for the colors:

CTD32

And this is the card opened:DSCF3319

For the focal image, I used a technique I haven't used in a long time, Poppin' Pastels.  The flower from Petal Prints was stamped in Versamark, then pastels were applied with a cosmetic applicator, something like a Q-tip.  I like them better because they have a wide end and a small end so I can use them for larger as well as smaller areas.  I used the Barely Banana and Pretty in Pink pastels.  I added some grosgrain ribbon from the Sell-a-Bration bundle and a Verve sentiment from Petals & Stems.    Just a sweet little springy card! (PS-don't miss my little extra one all the way at the end!)

Now follow the links below to see what the other CTD team has come up with:

DSCF3313
  • Stamps:  Petal Prints, Petals & Stems, Verve
  • Paper:  Barely Banana, Shimmery White, Urban Prairie & Two Scoops, BG
  • Ink:  Versamark, Rose Red
  • Acc:  Pastels, Nesties, Eyelet Border Punch, Wide Grosgrain Ribbon, Bling from Michael's, dimensionals

Oh, I just couldn't help myself--here's another little 3x3 I whipped up in the same colors!

DSCF3320

DSCF3321

 

 

And that's what you are!

(Look, Georgette, I am finally using some of your Easter stamps!)

15 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love both of these cards - the bunny is just too cute and the flower card is really soft and elegant. ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, LOVE the first one with the border edge and that Two Scoops paper is perfect for this challenge! Love the Poppin' Pastels on the flower, too! And the bunny card is adorable!

Word Verification: coins

"Hey, I'm broke! Can you spare some coins?"

Darlene said...

These cards are both adorable!! Love the technique you used on your flower ... I'll have to try that! Your little 3x3 is adorable ... so soft & pretty with this color combo!!

Broni said...

I love your card, LeAnne! (We used the same paper!!) And the bonus bunny card is just so adorable! Love the tiny button on the bow!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh LeAnne I love this! It's so soft and pretty! Your focal image is gorgeous and that BG paper IS perfect! Your ribbon treatment is so pretty too! The bunny is adorable! Wonderful cards!

Ifat Art said...

Both cards are cute, but I espcially love the second one.. I have a soft spot for 3 by 3 cards (don't know why).

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination. Tammy is right, the two scoops paper is perfect. Thanks for reminding me about the stamps. I always forget about those little cuties... So glad you had a chance to use them. KEEP WARM...

Juanita said...

These are both fabulous cards. I love how you were inspired by these colors and the upcomming Easter excitment.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LeAnne!! Just love your soft and pretty flower!! Your edging is so elegant too!! Wonderful details for this color challenge! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Both cards are SOOOOOO fresh and fun. Love them!!

Renee said...

Too cute! Love the texture and the bunny :)

Christi Flores said...

I love them both! Awesome!!

Linda Beeson said...

What a wonderful color combo! You carried it out perfectly and totally cute on that little card with the bunny.

Lisa Kind said...

Love your flower! I haven't done that technique in a long while either! It looks fabulous in these colors! Love the two scoops with it! I just love your little Easter notecard! I have to try making these little guys with the nesties...so cute!

Barbara said...

LeAnne, they are both gorgeous!!! So soft and elegant and the bunny is precious!!