Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gotta Love Gingham!

DSCF3324

Maria and Tammy are dukin' it out with their Gotta Love Gingham Challenge, so I wanted in on it too!  I finally broke down and ordered a Big Shot, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I borrowed my downline's and have been playing a bit!  I love that you can cut out fabric with the larger dies, so I searched my scrap drawer and came up with some heavy-duty fabric.  Now mind you, I was just playing around, so this is not anything fancy!  (You know me--when do I do fancy, anyway?)  And I seem to be making cards lately that are next to impossible to photograph--oh well!
DSCF3326

This is a larger card, suitable for a business envelope.  The base is Kraft, the card is Bravo Burgundy.  Here is the inside, trimmed so you can write inside:

DSCF3323

 

Doesn't look much like Kraft, does it?

 

 

 

 

 

Anyway, it was fun to make; next time I may put iron-on interfacing on the underside of the fabric to keep it from fraying.   There's a learning curve to getting the hang of the Big Shot, but I am well on my way!  TFL!

  • Stamps:  Trendy Trees, Sweet Little Sentiments, Cute & Curly
  • Paper:  Kraft, Bravo Burgundy
  • Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel
  • Acc:  Big Shot, Flower Layers die, Paper Piercer, Oval Punch, Curly Label Punch, Felt Flowers Too, sponge dauber, Eyelet Border Punch
  • Paper:  Kraft,

13 comments:

Ilse Vargas said...

It is fancy! So many details! very nice... Greetings.

LeAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

WOW...GLG baby!!! I love this. Fabric on a card adds so much texture and what better fabric is there than gingham :)

Lisa Foster said...

Omgosh!!! I had no idea you could cut out fabric!!!! Thank you for showing us that! Your card is soooo pretty!

Christi Flores said...

OMG!! I love this!!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, if I didn't know better, I'd say "you're trying too hard!"

Janine said...

FAbulous LeAnne!!!

dasimonds said...

Really Sweet Card!!
I love the Gingham..
great details :)
TFS

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This is so cool!! I love your gingham flowers!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

HOW CUTE!!! GLG!!! You can duke it out with Maria and I anytime! I LOVE these flowers and the piercing for the stems!

Juanita said...

Oh cripes! This is amazing. Great job with the challenge, your card is stunning.

ChristineCreations said...

Awesome texture! You'll LOVE your Big Shot!

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, I love Gingham! Those flowers are awesome and I love the kraft paper! The inside is so pretty too! Great card!