Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Color Throwdown #35

CTD35 banner

Wheee!  What a color challenge!  Danielle really stirred up the bucket with these colors of Purely Pomegranate, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss!  I was not quite sure what I was going to do with these!

CTD35 swatch

Then I remembered I had received some blog candy DP with some of these colors--could I make it work?  Someday, I'll show you my first attempt--maybe on April Fool's Day, because it is probably the most foolish card I've EVER made!  But not today!  There is actually not much stamping on this card:

CTD35

CTD35 closeup

Isn't this paper something else? I cut out a couple of the flowers, sponged them with Purely Pomegranate ink to give them some depth and popped them up on dimensionals.  I also highlighted the edges with a Jelly Roll pen for a little bit of sparkle!  The coordinating stripe goes across the top with my sentiment from Warm Words stamped in PP and mounted on a PP scallop from SU's new Scallop Oval punch.  I also got some pretty flowers in my blog candy stash, so I used them as my embellishments.  The whole shebang is mounted on a Kiwi Kiss card.

Now what can you come up with for this "challenging challenge"?  Link your creation to Mr Linky found on the CTD blog (please link JUST your card, not the blog address, so we can find it easily) and if you choose to upload it to an online gallery, use the keywords CTD35.  You may even be chosed as a Featured Stamper!  Woohoo!  Now here are the other CTD artists:

  • Stamps:  Warm Words
  • Paper:  Kiwi Kiss, WW, Purely Pomegranate, DP by Scenic Route
  • Ink:  Purely Pomegranate
  • Acc:  Dimensionals, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Primas, Jelly Roll Pen, Pearl

14 comments:

Juanita said...

LOVE IT! That paper is amazing. Super work. I never did own Pomegrante, so I can't really play. But it is a fun combo

Stacey Schafer said...

Your card is so striking, Leanne! Love it! I think I have some Purely Pomegranate...somewhere... but, I'll have to dig! This color combo looks super fun:) I'll dive into my scrap bin tomorrow.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOW, I love the popped up flower. What a stunning card!

Cathy Rulli said...

This is so cool!!! Great job with these colors!

dpkennedy said...

This is FANTASTIC! I absolutely love that popped up flower and awesome sponging! That paper is perfect! LOVE it!

Broni said...

Love this beautiful bright paper, LeAnne! And the cut-out, popped-up flower is so cool!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

That paper is beautiful and perfect for this challenge! I love how you popped up the one flower, too! (LMBO at your "stirred the bucket" comment, too!)

Janine said...

LeAnne this is SPECTACULAR!~!!

Carol L said...

I love the soft look of your florals, and especially how you took flowers from the dsp and popped them up to stand alone! Great mixing of the colors and a gorgeous card!
BTW, I too am in the southeastern corner of PA - just outside of the Pottstown/Boyertown area. Looks like we might be neighbors:)

Lisa Kind said...

I LOVE this card LeAnne! The colors just jump off the card! What a great CTD card!

Carol L said...

Your card is totally amazing! It is just fantastic popped up that way, and is a total eye catcher! Awesome!

Heidi

Rachel Liberty Photography said...

This card has really inspired me! I am fairly new to crafting, but I love it! I can't wait to try something like this. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Now you've done such a beautiful job with your colors here!! Amazing card girl!! TFS!

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm so loving the bright colors and how the flower is layerd!! JUST FANTASTIC... Smiles! :)