Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Color Throwdown 34

CTD34 banner

Wow!  Barbara really challenged me this week!  I would never have thought to put these colors together, but I think I made the combination work.  What do you think--Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss and Blush Blossom!  I think I am probably still on my first package of Blush Blossom cardstock!  We are all excited to see what you can come up with using this color combo!

CTD34 swatch

Once you've completed your masterpiece, upload it to your blog or if you use an online gallery, be sure to use the keyword "CTD34".  Then link it to the Color Throwdown blog using Mr Linky (please link the actual post, not just your blog address!) and remember, you may be chosen as the Featured Stamper! 

For my card, I pulled out a set I haven't used in a loooong time--Fun and Fast Notes:

CTD34-1

The card itself is a 4x4" card mounted on a quarter sheet of textured Kiwi Kiss.  I paper pieced my little bird with some NQN DP, and since I did not have anything that remotely resembled Blush Blossom in my ribbon stash, I made some of my own with my handy-dandy crimper!  I added some bling, a little green heart, more bling, and a row of piercing, and I was done!  I even stamped my little birdie again on the inside:

CTD34 inside I seem to need lots of get well cards, so I hope this will cheer someone up!

 

 

 

Here are links to the other CTD designers!  Be sure to check out their creations as well!

 CTD34 closeup

  • Stamps:  Fun & Fast Notes
  • Paper:  WW, Blush Blossom, Text. Kiwi Kiss, NQN Prints DP (retired SU)
  • Ink:  Stazon, Blush Blossom, Kiwi Kiss
  • Acc:  Aquapainter, Crimper, Word Window Punch, 3-Heart Punch, Paper Piercer, Bling from Michaels, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!!! I have to give these colors a whirl... not something I would've ever done - but the samples are awesome. Thanks for sharing!!
Kim

Broni said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne!! I love the smaller note on the kiwi cs and the paper pieced birdie, but mostly I love how you made your own ribbon!! Too cool!!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a great card - love the paper bow up top!!!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty! I love your paper piecing and that bow is gorgeous! Very clever!

Barbara said...

LeAnne this is so cute!!! I love the paper piecing on the birdie and the jewel flower center. But most of all, I love that crimped bow!!! You rocked it, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Your creation is so darling LeAnne!! Love that paper pieced birdie! TFS!

Renee said...

I love your faux ribbon! Cute card!

Carol L said...

I really love how this card is mounted on a quarter sheet of cardstock! Very innovative and so different from the ordinary A2 card! Great use of colors too - I love that dsp!

Tammy Hershberger said...

SO cute! I love the piecing on the birdie, and your crimped ribbon is fabulous!

Word Verification: lizinked

It's like they know we're stampers! LOL

Christi Flores said...

This is so sweet!!! I love that dp!

Denise Marzec said...

SUCH a cute card. I love that little birdie..just makes me smile!!

Lisa Kind said...

What a great card, LeAnne! Love the bow! Wow! I would never have thought to do that...another technique to learn!

Lisa

Lynn said...

Super cute! Love the crimped bow!

Juanita said...

Fabulous card. I love this color comb, Kiwi and NQN are fab, but Blush Blossom?! Wow. Gonna go play with these colors....

Sylvia said...

I have not been to your blog in awhile. This is really really cute. I also love your envelopes with the treats in the post below. Happy spring and have a great weekend!

Renee said...

This is really cute! I wanted so bad to play this week but I've got a lot going on...maybe I'll try this weekend :)