Thursday, March 5, 2009

DCBD Happy Spring

I recently came across the Diva Coffee Break Design blog and thought I would do their sketch for the week:

DCBD117

Of course, I was in a big hurry the first time and didn't realize where the sentiment was to go, so that one got put aside for this one:

DSCF3341

DSCF3340-1

I only wish the sentiment on this was a little darker, but this textured cardstock can be a challenge in that regard.  But I love this little Inque Boutique girl and I thought it went well with the Parisian Breeze cardstock.  The lighting is a little off in this photo, but you can see she is stamped in Basic Brown, then watercolored, and finally overstamped with Linen.  She makes me smile!

  • Stamps:  Flutter By Butterfly, Inque Boutique, IBBG, Linen
  • Paper:  Baja Breeze, Parisian Breeze, Shimmery White, Creamy Caramel
  • Ink:  Basic Brown, Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
  • Acc:  Aquapainter, Eyelet Border Punch, Brads, Flower Fusion Too, Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch

Now for the "wrong" one!  I was reading Vicki's post here about Liquid Applique, and I realized I had a tube and maybe used it ONCE.  So I thought, I should try it again....I usually smashed it once it went in the envelope, and she said to let it dry for a day or so, so that's what I am doing.  So here's my attempt:


DSCF3328

And here's a closeup:DSCF3331

 

 

There is actually glitter on top, perhaps you can see a tiny bit of it!  It was fun to do, and even though my sketch is "technically" incorrect, I still think it's a cute card!

  • Stamps:  Crazy for Cupcakes, Short & Sweet
  • Paper:  Shimmery White, Delicate Dots, Cert Celery, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink
  • Ink:  Stazon, Regal Rose
  • Acc:  Bling, Ticket Corner Punch, Oval & small Oval Punches, Eyelet Border Punch, Dimensionals, Twill, Taylored Expressions, CB Swiss Dots

20 comments:

mudmaven said...

Technically incorrect or not - I love that card. Colors are great and the icing looks good enough to eat! About the textured cardstock - have you tried embossing on it? Just curious how that might work. ~chris

Ilse Vargas said...

Hi LeAnne, I get your blog on my reader and I just saw a familiar sketch :) Both cards are very nice, but I can eat the cupcakes!! I like the colours that you used, very fresh! Like Chris says, embossing may help, but have you tried rub-ons on the textured cs? I'm glad to see you around, I hope you also play next week... I'll finish my letter now :)
Greetings!

Anonymous said...

I love the two ovals being offset on this card. You never cease to amaze me. I really look forward to visiting your blog every day.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne! I LOVE both of them!

I have that little girl stamp and I haven't used her for a while, and the color on your cupcake card is fabulous!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh, I love both of them...they are so different in design! So what if the sentiment is in the "wrong" place...that one is so fun! I'll have to try your LA tip...leave it dry for a couple of days. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Oh LeAnne, I love both cards whether the layouts are right or wrong. Isn't that new textured dsp wonderful?? I love it!

Nice job on both cards! :)
Have a great day!
Wendy

Michele Kovack said...

I lvoe both cards!!! The liquid applique on those cupcakes looks adorable! And yes, I can see the glitter!!!! : )

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful cards!! That icing looks good enough to eat!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is sooo yummy LeAnne!!! I love those stack of cupcakes and that glitter in your frosting turned out perfect!!! I thank you so much for sharing this darling card!! :) So glad you tried this out!! It looks fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, I also wanted to tell you that you did such a beautiful job with the sketch and your top card is so beautiful!! Love your coloring!! :) TFS! (And I hope it doesn't get smashed for you!)

Anonymous said...

LeAnne, Both cards are just beautiful. As always great job. The cupcakes make me want to go bake! Ha Ha! Would rather make the card!
Love your work!

Adventures in Abundance said...

These cards are beautiful! I am so glad you shared them and that you came out to play with the divas!

Tammy Hershberger said...

The first one is gorgeous! I love that little angel girl, and that designer paper is beautiful! The cupcake card is fabulous, too! Love the applique!

Christi Flores said...

Both of your cards are so sweet!!

Erin said...

I love both your cards! They are FABULOUS!!

dpkennedy said...

I love them both! That little girl is so sweet and I love the linen stamped over the image! The sparkle on the puffy cupcakes is wonderful! Adorable card!

The Country Rose said...

Oh gosh, this is so cute! I like the way you offset the angle of the ovals together and the cupcakes look great! Tha angel card is just beautiful!

Barb

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Both of your cards are great. I really love the crazy for cupcakes card. I love the liquid applique for the frosting. I have used it before for snow and marshmallows on a card. So fun! It is great that you played along with us. Make sure you play again.

Hillcrest Acres said...

Love, love, love the cupcakes. The frosting on top of them looks so good.

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love these cards - the top one is so pretty using the different Blue elements and the cupcake card is just delicious! The frosting on the cakes is fantastic - great job!