I recently came across the Diva Coffee Break Design blog and thought I would do their sketch for the week:
Of course, I was in a big hurry the first time and didn't realize where the sentiment was to go, so that one got put aside for this one:
I only wish the sentiment on this was a little darker, but this textured cardstock can be a challenge in that regard. But I love this little Inque Boutique girl and I thought it went well with the Parisian Breeze cardstock. The lighting is a little off in this photo, but you can see she is stamped in Basic Brown, then watercolored, and finally overstamped with Linen. She makes me smile!
- Stamps: Flutter By Butterfly, Inque Boutique, IBBG, Linen
- Paper: Baja Breeze, Parisian Breeze, Shimmery White, Creamy Caramel
- Ink: Basic Brown, Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip
- Acc: Aquapainter, Eyelet Border Punch, Brads, Flower Fusion Too, Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals, Large Oval Punch
Now for the "wrong" one! I was reading Vicki's post here about Liquid Applique, and I realized I had a tube and maybe used it ONCE. So I thought, I should try it again....I usually smashed it once it went in the envelope, and she said to let it dry for a day or so, so that's what I am doing. So here's my attempt:
There is actually glitter on top, perhaps you can see a tiny bit of it! It was fun to do, and even though my sketch is "technically" incorrect, I still think it's a cute card!
- Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Short & Sweet
- Paper: Shimmery White, Delicate Dots, Cert Celery, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink
- Ink: Stazon, Regal Rose
- Acc: Bling, Ticket Corner Punch, Oval & small Oval Punches, Eyelet Border Punch, Dimensionals, Twill, Taylored Expressions, CB Swiss Dots