Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Casing Laura

DSCF3532

Laura Frederickson's blog was one of the first I visited when I began blogging, and she was just as sweet as could be when I emailed her for some advice!  Her blog is almost at 300,000 hits, so she & her friend Julie Koerber (another warm & friendly blogger!), whose blog is also around the corner from that milestone, are giving away blog candy!  To qualify for Laura's, you have to check out her SCS gallery and CASE one of her cards.  You can see all about it here.  I chose this card, but since I have been seeing all the cute Whippersnapper cards Danielle has been making, I went back to my Good Dog set for images to make this card:

DSCF3531

I changed a few things, but I liked the layout and I hadn't used my spiral punch for a while, so that was fun!  I do not have Copics, so I had to make do with inks and an aquapainter.  Make sure you check out Laura's blog--her work is just lovely!  And be sure to come back tomorrow for the Color Throwdown Challenge--it will knock your socks off!

DSCF3533

  • Stamps:  Good Dog, Whippersnapper
  • Paper:  Riding Hood Red, Naturals Ivory, More Mustard, Earthy Pad, Crafty Secrets
  • Ink:  Basic Brown, More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Riding Hood Red, Real Red, Creamy Caramel
  • Acc:  White Gel Pen, Aquapainter, Brads, Spiral Punch, RHR Taffeta, lots of dimensionals, Going Gray marker, Silver Painty

8 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!!! What a sweet image and I love the colors!!

Barbara said...

LeAnne!!!!!! This is adorable!!!!! You did an awesome job coloring and the layout is fantastic! I love everything about it!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

LeAnne, this is so cute! I knew exactly which card you cased as soon as I saw the spiral punch! I don't use mine near enough either! I love the image and the dimension and colour! Fabulous card! I'm honored you celebrated with us...thanks!

JulieA said...

This is such a fun card! I love your watercoloring. Fabulous job!

Marlou McAlees said...

awwww how adorable!!! love this cute doggie :)

dpkennedy said...

Make do? Are you kidding? Your watercoloring is wonderful! I love this design and that dog is so cute! This is a great card!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Ditto what Danielle said... make do??? I think not! Your coloring on this is fabulous! Makes me wanna' do some watercoloring for a change! Super cute card, LeAnne! I love how you placed the brads, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet!! I love your sweet stamps here!! :)

P.S. you know what's so funny is that my verification letters spell "oruff" BWHAA! HAA!!