Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kerry's Birthday Mojo Challenge

DSCF3555

I stumbled upon Kerry's blog where she is offering a nice little BG pad for playing her very own birthday challenge: a birthday card in the color purple, with glitter!  I had just been thinking how neglected my glitter stash had been, so I decided to give it a whirl:

DSCF3553

I incorporated the Mojo Monday 79 sketch into my card as well:

Mojo79Sketch

I went back to Sage Shadow as my base with Almost Amethyst and black for the panel.  It's hard to see, but the AA is stamped with Linen.  For the glitter, I edged a Lovely Lilac mat with strips of Sticky Strip, then deluged it with some MS glitter!  My upline calls this the "marquis" technique--maybe it's too glam for this sedate image--but I thought it was pretty!  My base was also stamped with Tres Chic and the sentiment is an old Verve's Wonderful Wishes. 

  • Stamps:  Friends 24-7, Tres Chic, Linen, Wonderful Wishes, Verve
  • Paper:  Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst, Basic Black, Lovely Lilac, Watercolor
  • Ink:  Stazon, Sage Shadow, Garden Green, Sahara Sand, Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac
  • Acc:  MS Eyelet Punch, MS glitter, Organdy & Grosgrain ribbons, Sticky Strip, Aquapainter

16 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the soft colors. ~chris

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Another fabulous creation!!

Lisa Kind said...

So pretty! Love that fab purple glitter! I love sparkle! :)

Kerry D-C said...

oooooh! aaaaaaaaah! this is STUNNING! I am so glad that you stopped by and participated in this weeks 3 Clovers Challenge!

Ida said...

Gorgeous! Love the image and the sparkle you created is so pretty. Thanks for joining us in celebrating Kerry's birthday challenge this week.

Pam Speidel said...

Oh so lovely LeAnne! wonderful colors, sparkle and layout!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous colors and FANTASTIC coloring!

Randee E said...

I love ALL your cards! Thanks for the visiting and leaving the sweet comment on my card.

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely card...I love that pop of black you added! Thanks for joining in with us in wishing Kerry a Happy Birthday!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I like the color combination and the glitter :)

Anonymous said...

The only thing I do with my xtra fine glitter is tip the bottles and say "Oooooooh", and they are FIVE YEARS OLD.

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! LOVE the colors and LOVE the glittered frame around the main image1

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Now this is so gorgeous!! I love the purple, but the touch of sparkle purple layer is beautiful!! ;) TFS!

Anonymous said...

Super Card LeAnne--love everything about it--esp. how you intertwined it with the MM challenge.
Nola

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful LeAnne! I love the purples and the sparkles! You did a fantastic job with both challenges! :D

Lynne in NI said...

Wow ... beautiful card! And thanks for sharing how to make the glittery frame - I'm definately going to try this!