Monday, March 23, 2009

Struggling.....

DSCF3525

I decided to do a different Monday challenge today, and TechnoStamper had a wonderful one!  But oh, how I struggled with it.  I had an idea in mind, and I finished it, but I don't see me sending it out unless I am desperate!  No photos of that one--ick!   So I regrouped.  After seeing Kelly's beautiful Sage Shadow & Basic Gray card here, I thought I would try one of my own!  I am still not sure of this one either....the bow wouldn't lay right, and it has a little bit too much white space, even for me:

DSCF3524

But I was getting tired, frustrated & cranky (I sound like a two-year-old!), so I just let it go....maybe tomorrow my creativity will return!  I hate spending so much time and all for naught.  Perhaps I will try this one again and stamp the flourish lightly over the sentiment. 

  • Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes, Friends 24-7, Hugs & Wishes
  • Paper:  Sage Shadow, Basic Gray, WW
  • Ink:  Sage Shadow, Basic Gray
  • Acc:  Circle Punches, White Organdy Ribbon, Sage Grosgrain Ribbon, Gray Taffeta Ribbon, SAMJ, dimensionals

13 comments:

Juanita said...

Way to go on the new challenges. I love all the ribbons you used for the bow, it looks fabulous! I like the card, you are too hard on yourself. Hey, a stamper I dmire told me that last week....

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the ribbon treatment!!

MJ said...

Great color combo! I love the ribbon too, looks great. I think your card turned out great! Thanks so much for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Love the color scheme too! Absolutely beautiful.

Denise Marzec said...

You did GREAT with technostamper's challenge. Love those soft and pretty colors

...I know what you mean though. On Friday it took me ALL day to make some stuff that should have only taken a couple hours at the most. Today went much better...three cards in three hours. Those kinda days hit all of us.

Unknown said...

I find this card lovely. I cannot see where there is too much white.
The stamp set is perfect! I like the ribbon layering too.
Sharon

MelissaS said...

beautiful color combo and I love the way you stamped the images!

Anonymous said...

How can you be cranky about this lovely card. I love the colors and that stamp set gets me every time.
/p

Jetstudio Designs said...

I like the card, I think the color scheme is very soft and pretty along with the ribbons and the stamp set you used.

You did good!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! Very well done--esp. with the overstamping & touches of ribbon.
Nola

Highdesertstamper said...

Beautiful.. I think this is my favorite of them all!! I love the two tones on the pocket sil. images!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how we sometimes don't like our finished products. I really like this one, the colours and the white space as well as your choice of stamps.
Very pretty.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my stars, I LOVE this! How elegant those colors are... wouldn't that be beautiful wedding colors? Love the white panel, too! I see no struggle here, just a fabulous card!