Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Clean & Simple x 2

I liked C&S's sketch for this week:

Fall to Layout #32

 

 

and since I was making samples with Big Shot die cuts, I made a card using the Flower Layer with Leaf die:

 

DSCF3385

This also is for Our Creative Corner's challenge this week, which was to "doodle" on your card. I LOVE doodling (just ask people who sit next to me in church!!!) but it makes me a little nervous to doodle on a card---what if I mess up?  But since this is kind of a "fun" card, I doodled on ahead!  I used two layers of flowers, cut out on Riding Hood Red Patterns DP:

DSCF3387They were mounted on a circle of Raspberry Tart DP, then Riding Hood Red, then a scallop of Old Olive.  The leaf is also Old Olive.  I punched a circle of white and coated it with Dazzling Diamonds for the center.  My sentiment is from Say it With Scallops, stamped in RHR.  Doodles are markered with Ruby Red.

I also needed a masculine sympathy card, so decided to do another C&S style using the Sweet Stem Embosslit:

DSCF3383

Hmmm....does this seem masculine enough to you?  I hope so!  Leaves were cut from Kiwi Kiss & Old Olive, mounted on a piece of Urban Garden & Kiwi Kiss.  Sentiment is from Always in My Thoughts.

Stop back tomorrow for another edition of Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

14 comments:

Kay Kalthoff said...

I like the cards you posted today. I think the sweetest stem card is awesome. Great job!!
Kay

Ifat Art said...

Those cards are great.
I love the doodle that you did on the first one. Great Job!

Thanks for sharing,
IfatArt

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards! Thanks for sharing your clean and simple sketch card!

Janine said...

Lovely LeAnne!

Janine said...

HI LeAnne

Yes the buttons on my cards are from PTI.. They came out with last month's release.

Have a good one!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards LeAnne!! Love your take on the sketch too!! :)

Juanita said...

Your masculine card is perfect. I love your work with the CAS sketch.

Denise Marzec said...

I love that C&S sketch, especially with that leaf behind the circle. Perfect!

I think the second card is very striking!...and definitely masculine. I think it could work either way actually.

Anonymous said...

Oh LeAnne. My Easter card is the beginning of the end! I finally threw all my cute egg stamps away because NOTHING worked!! Now I'm free to go on with my bird and bunny. Sometimes giving up is the best thing to do.

dpkennedy said...

These are both so pretty! I love the giant flower you made! Great cards!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great cards, Leanne! Your doodles look great on the first one, and I love the quiet elegance on the second!

Word Verification LOL: worment

"The worment to say hello, but instead he said good-bye!"

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful cards!!! Love how you added the doodling on the first card!!! Thanks for playing the OCCC - LeAnne!!!

Renee said...

I really like this! I love the circle and the bright colors! Very clean and simple and gorgeous!