Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cinema Saturday Challenge

DSCF3574

I have visited the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge many times, but have never played!  I love Sankari and Brooke's styles--they are both just so creative.  So I thought today I might try--you should go check it out!  The movie today is James Bond's Goldfinger!!!  They also have BLOG CANDY because this is their 25th challenge!  Woohoo!  I have to admit, when I was growing up, James Bond did not appeal to me at all.  I was more of a Gidget kind of gal!!  There was a tiny little movie theater in my town and when I was a little older, my mom would let me go to the movies with my girlfriend.  Now, I do enjoy them, just because they are so hysterically campy; viewing the special effects makes you realize how far we've come in this computerized age!

CSCC#25 - Goldfinger

Since I have a busy day ahead, and mainly because I am lazy, I chose a fairly simple card, kind of taking the title of "Goldfinger" literally:

DSCF3572

I used Brushed Gold and Basic Black cardstock, and the engagement ring image from Holiday Blitz.  I have two nieces getting married this year, so I think I could probably use this for one of them!  The ring was filled in with a Zig Painty pen and the rock is glamourized with some DD glitter.  I also embossed the sentiment from Warm Words in gold EP---I just love the look of gold on gold!  The ribbon was a RAK from my wonderful friend Elaine, and it just goes so nicely with this card.  I added some rhinestone bling and it is done!  TFL!

  • Stamps:  Holiday Blitz, Warm Words
  • Paper:  Confetti White, Basic Black, Brushed Gold
  • Ink:  Stazon, Versamark
  • Acc:  Circle Punches, Gold EP, Satin Ribbon, Zig Painty, Dazz Diamonds, Bling from Michael's, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Sankari W. said...

LeAnne!!!!! YAY!!! Thank you so much for playing along this week!!! WOW!!! I am so honored! And you are so amazingly quick! WOW!! Your card is just gorgeous - LOVE all the gold and the bling!! The way you did cherish is just beautiful!!! You totally made my day playing along!!!

I know what you mean about how far we have come in the special effects department (you know what is really interesting is that Goldfinger won the Oscar in 1965 for Best Effects, Sound Effects (Norman Wanstall) I can't imagine what the movies will be like in 30 years!!!

Thank you so much for playing along in these weekly challenges LeAnne!!! You are just the best!! Can't wait for Wednesday's Throwdown!!!

Sending you lots of happy wishes on this Saturday morning!

Lots of love,
Sankari :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how clever!! I love your idea and your creation is so elegant looking!! WOW!! TFS!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, this is fabulous and PERFECT for the theme! I love it!

scrapperjulia said...

This is such a pretty, elegant card! I love everything about it! Great job on the challenge!

Juanita said...

My Dad loves James Bond, I think it is so cheesy in technology and script( nsorry fans)
Your card is perfect, I love all the gold, but it is not overdone. Great job!

Nellie Mae said...

LeAnne!! I LOVE the gold on gold look. This card is beautiful!! Great work!

Carol L said...

I'll have to check out that challenge! Your card is just lovely with the shimmery gold cardstock! I love the little rhinestone that dots the letter "i", what an elegantly stated card and a wonderful entry for that challenge! TFS!

ChristineCreations said...

You know...I've looked at these challenges and have wanted to play sometime too! This is an awesome take on the movie! LOVE all the shimmery effects!

Janine said...

What a lovely card LeAnne!!

zukesgirl said...

Love the gold on gold too - very beautiful card!

Ali B said...

This would make a perfect wedding card. Very elegant.

Monica Hunter said...

This is SO elegant looking! I'm glad I saw this AFTER I made my card, or I would have been too intimidated to play along. Great job! :)

Carol Dunstan said...

oh this is awesome - look at all that gold!

Laurie said...

great interpretation!