Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Color Throwdown #33

CTD33 banner

Today's color challenge is another fun one from Cathy:  Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant and your choice of green!!  Remember, you don't have to have these exact colors, just something close--we don't want you to miss out on playing! 

CTD33 swatch

Once you've completed your creation, post it on your blog or an online gallery using the keyword CTD33, then go to the Color Throwdown blog and link it to Mr Linky!  Then we can all see them easily!  Remember, we pick a Featured Stamper from all the submissions each week--you could be it!

CTD33

I used C&S's Fall to Layout #1 for my sketch and used the images from Dreams duJour.  They were stamped on Shimmery White in Stazon, then watercolored with Tempting Turquoise, Elegant Eggplant and Mellow Moss.  The sentiment is from Pocket Silhouettes, and you can just barely see the piercing I have done on either side. The LOVE image is popped up to give it some dimension, and as a final embellishment, I made a little charm from shrink plastic to add to my ribbon.

Now let's see what the others have come up with:

CTD33 closeup

  • Stamps:  Dreams duJour, Pocket Silhouettes
  • Paper:  WW, Shimmery White, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss
  • Ink:  Stazon, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise, Mellow Moss
  • Acc:  Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Square Punches, Nestabilities, Piercing Tool,  Shrink Plastic, Heat Tool, Sanding Block, Pastels, Corner Rounder

18 comments:

Christi Flores said...

This is gorgeous!! I am getting so hooked on the Color Throwdown challenge and it's no wonder-this is an awesome color challenge!!

Broni said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! We both used butterflies!! I LOVE your tiny butterfly charm. I always forget to play with my shrink plastic!

dpkennedy said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne! Love the layout and that butterfly charm you made is divine!

Anonymous said...

Your creation is just gorgeous LeAnne!! I'm loving those butterflies!! :) Such pretty colors!! TFS!

Cathy Rulli said...

Your card is stunning LeAnne. Great job!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I love the little shrinky-dink butterfly charm, too! Gorgeous work!

Barbara said...

LeAnne, this is just so SWEET!! Love the different colored butterflies and the squares. Love it all!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply gorgeous - LeAnne!!! Love how you used this Set and the little butterfly on the Ribbon - is way toooo cute!!! Awesome pick of colors - I'll have to add them to my to-do-list!!!

Hugs ~Silke~

Denise Marzec said...

SUCH a great set for these colors. Love it!

Marlou McAlees said...

this is lovely , very very pretty :)

Lisa Foster said...

Gorgeous LeAnne! Love your sweet little charm!

Claireabelle said...

Great card, I love the shrink plastic embelishment
x

Anonymous said...

How beautiful are all those butterflies, especially the little charm! I love your coloring and design and the piercing is a lovely addition to this great card!

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is ~gorgeous~!!

Renee said...

This is beautiful! Great colors!

Jacquel said...

Your card is fabulous! love the layout and how you used the colors of the challenge--wonderful work!!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Very pretty card. I really like the layout and the colors that you used. I might have to try this color challenge this week.

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty LeAnne! I love the colors this week and I hope to play this weekend!