Friday, March 6, 2009

Heat It Up Mojo Style!

Sharon's No Time to Stamp Challenge today was to use heat embossing on your card.  I haven't played with my embossing powder for a while, and I realized I was a little "rusty" after redoing my image for the third time!  I finally dug out my Embossing Buddy and had better luck.  The gray day and the difficulty in capturing the true essence of Kiwi Kiss makes me wish you could see it IRL, as it is rather elegant in its own simple little way:

DSCF3347

I used the sketch from Mojo Monday #76 on a card that is slightly smaller than a standard size.  DP is Urban Garden, images are Pocket Silhouette and the tiny sentiment is PTI's Mixed Messages.  The black embossed image was stamped with Versamark, then heat embossed with Black Detail EP.  I used two different ribbons, black grosgrain and Ribbon Originals Valet.  The Valet ribbon is velvety, so rich-feeling!

I am leaving DH on his own this weekend as I am going on a women's retreat with my church, so no posting for me this weekend!  Thanks for visiting!

16 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, this card is stunning!!! I LOVE what you've done!! And that sketch is great -- I'll have to check it out and maybe try one myself!! I'm so glad you played - I LOVE your card! Thank you so much!!! Have a great weekend at the retreat!!!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Have a great time this weekend. ~chris

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! I love the black image stamped over the silhouette in the background!

Barbara said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne! I keep seeing this color combination and keep forgetting to use it! Have a great weekend!

Lisa Foster said...

WOW LeAnne! I Love this!!! Perfect color combo...well actually, the WHOLE thing is PERFECT!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I just love the colors on this one, and the recipient is sure to feel much better after opening it! Have fun on your retreat :)

Juanita said...

I adore how you layered the two images from Pocket Silhouettes. Super embossing!

Stacy said...

I love this! The layout is wonderful and I love the embossing with this set. The card is sure to bring a smile to someone feeling under the weather. Too bad you're having a gray day where you live. It is gorgeous here (eastern South Dakota) today...but the snow is supposedly coming again this weekend. The weather can be such a tease sometimes!

Bev said...

Beautiful card, so elegant

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome colors against all that white space. So elegant!

dpkennedy said...

This is so pretty LeAnne! I love the texture of that ribbon! Gorgeous!

Have fun this weekend!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors and papers you've chosen as well as the beautiful ribbon. Great card!

Tracy said...

Stunning as always. Your cards are always so inspirational

Christy said...

So pretty...great card :)

wendyp said...

omgosh, this is stunning! I just love how you stamped the black flower over the other flowers! Awesome!

Lynn Put said...

This is gorgeous! The colors are so sharp looking and I love the heat emboss and how you stamped the main image!