Sunday, October 1, 2017

PP364 Autumn Floral


Happy Sunday, everyone!  And happy October!  Sandy has a gorgeous theme challenge for us today at the Paper Players:


I know how much she likes florals, so it was very fitting for her to choose this beautiful prompt!  I had this idea floating around in my head for a while, so I thought I would finally work on it for her challenge.  I've seen pumpkins used as "vases" on Pinterest, so I thought I would create one for a card:


I got a beautiful pumpkin stamp set last year from Close to My Heart and I thought it would be perfect for my autumn florals!  I used images from Jar of Love and Beautiful Bouquet for the flowers and greenery, and a past Paper Pumpkin kit for the sentiment.  It was mounted on layers of Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip and Pear Pizzazz:


I added a little earthy bow from linen thread to finish it off!  It was a little time-consuming but very worth it!  I hope you'll share your autumn florals with us this week too!  Check out what the design team made as well:


One foggy morning last month, on the way to the bus, we discovered a huge spider web that went from the lower branches of our pine tree all the way to the ground!  It's hard to see, but I took a few pictures.  You can see Cassidy and Jackie on the opposite side of it as well as a side view!  Then when I took my walk, I took a few more pictures of some other webs.  I dislike spiders in my house, but they are interesting when they stay outside!






Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Love, Beautiful Bouquet, Autumn Wishes (CTMH), Paper Pumpkin 
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
 Ink Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake
Accessories Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Framelits, Bouquet Bunch Framelits Dimensionals

22 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree with you on the spiders....don't want them in my house but the webs the make are so cool! Love your pretty fall bouquet and that gorgeous pumpkin used as the vase! This makes one lovely autumn card, LeAnne! TFS and Happy Sunday! I hate to say it but it's pretty chilly out this morning! I almost turned the heat on!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I couldn't wait to comment on your card! I love that gorgeous pumpkin for your flower vase! The flowers and foliage are so beautiful! I absolutely LOVE this card! Now, that is one BIG spider web! Such cute girls to show it off! I hope you have a great week, My Friend! XX

Vickie said...

This is absolutly gorgeous LeAnne...so love it...I need to revisit my CTMH stamps...haven't seen a catalog in years....are they online? Got mine from a person in NOVA...oh bet I still have her catalog...but who knows if she still sells them..

Frenchie said...

Omg , that's a BIG ONE , I hate spiders tooooooo, every morning when we get in the care we run into them , small ones , it makes me fill as if I'm carrying the spider along with me , is that a white spider ?

Now to your beautiful card , all ready for fall, ♥️♥️
Tfs hugs Frenchie

thestampinglady said...

Awesome card...awesome pictures of those webs. What a great intro to fall!

Kathy Straw said...

Your crd is gorgeous and I love the idea of using the pumpkin as the vase.

Jan Clothier said...

That patchwork pumpkin made me smile! It's a perfect vase for that glorious bouquet. I'll bet it was very time-consuming but I agree that it was completely worth it. It's a bit like arranging real flowers - very satisfying. Great card LeAnne. I hope that the spider was not as large as the web!

barb mann said...

LOVE your pumpkin bouquet LeAnne!

Heidi Baks said...

OMGosh LeAnne, this really caught my eye. This floral filled pumpkin is beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is beautiful Leanne, the picture of autumn! That web is so cool!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the idea of using a pumpkin for a vase - truly inspired my friend! I just love the depth and structure to your florals, beautiful autumn colours too. I'm right with you on the spiders though; i had one spin a huge web between my two dustbins and felt so guilty each time I lifted the lid on one, causing the spider yet another repair job!

Claudia said...

Hi LeAnne, the the pumpkin vase is beautifully created. What a gorgeous stamp! This spider web makes me look for a huge spider 🕷. And the foto from the side looks like a fountain. Nature is amazing!

laurie said...

LOVE this! So pretty with the flowers set in the pumpkin. Beautiful fall bouquet!

The spider web spooks me out....

Linda Callahan said...

Total wow card! That is a gorgeous bouquet in the pumpkin! And that is a wow spiderweb.....I have never seen one so big!

Stampingcountry said...

Your card is gorgeous! Your patterned pumpkin rocks!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my goodness LeAnne, your card is amazing. What a great idea to create your arrangement inside a pumpkin, makes me wonder why I didn't think of that! Love the little bit of twine too, just perfect. That huge spiderweb is kind of scary though, not sure I want to see what's crawling around on it!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my, a pumpkin vase! What a fabulous idea. This is a stunning autumnal bouquet and I especially like the crumb cake leaves you've included. Just adds to the rustic beauty of your pumpkin masterpiece! Gorgeous card, my friend.

Annie S. said...

Brilliant! A pumpkin for a vase couldn't be more awesome. Your bouquet is absolutely beautiful with wonderful warm fall colors. I love this card...but not spiders LOL! They are so bad here this year it looks like I've decorated for Halloween outside and went overboard with the webs! Eek!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne! Love the beautiful bouquet! Darling photos! Oh my! what a spider web! EEKS!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVE your little pumpkin vase - adorable! We have some very large spiders in the yard, and like you I don't mind them. If there were in the house, that would be a different story :)

MarvA1ix said...

I JUST LOVE THIS CARD! and the spider webs. I have got to figure out a way to make this fun pumpkin vase.

Carol Hardie said...

LeAnne ..... just stunning!! Love everything about this card. Makes me smile, out loud. LOL