Monday, October 23, 2017

MTS199 Pastor Appreciation


Hi everyone!  Happy Monday, and I hope you had a good weekend!  It was a good one at our household!  The "I Do" barbecue wedding was fun, although it was cold in the tent for the reception,  but it was even colder outside!  Brrr!  Once the sun goes down, the chill is on!  But it was a lovely event! 

Today's card is for our pastor and his wife; he is our interim pastor, as we look for a full-time pastor, and he and his wife have been a tremendous blessing and encouragement to us during this time!  I can't remember when I last used Basket of Wishes, but I thought it would be a timely image to use for their card:


I used the Match the Sketch sketch for this week:

I am also linking this to the Inkspirational Challenge, which is this pretty autumn photo:


I stamped the image in Basic Black ink on watercolor paper, then colored them in with inks and an aquapainter:



I added a couple strips of miscellaneous papers for the horizontal pieces, and added a sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet.  On the inside, I added a sentiment from the Basket of Wishes set, and added some wheat from an older retired set called Autumn Days:


I am really enjoying "visiting" my older stamps and giving them some love!  Thanks so much for visiting me today!

Cassidy can entertain herself with just about anything!  Here, she made use of John's homemade creeper (for sliding under cars), propelling herself down the little incline out of the garage:



Of course, she has no way to steer it, so she is at the mercy of the driveway...she almost ran into the gas grill, LOL!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Basket of Wishes, Beautiful Bouquet, Paper Pumpkin (crackle image, ret), Autumn Days (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Wild Wasabi, Cajun Craze, Hello Honey (ret), Kraft Christmas print from a couple of years ago (ret)
 Ink Basic Black, Pear Pizzazz, Hello Honey, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Peekaboo Peach, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, So Saffron, Versamark, Sahara Sand
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Circle Dies, Layering Circle Dies, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a pretty card LeAnne - I love the bold, autumn colours of your vegetable basket. A useful sketch layout too!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty basket of veggies! This is a wonderful card LeAnne. Better a creeper than a sled for Cassidy LOL...not ready for the white stuff!

Kampin' Karen said...

Your pastor will love it. We have a creeper just like that. Perry's dad made it. Glad the wedding BBQ was fun. It is still not chilly here even when the sun goes down :-(

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love your coloring of this pretty image! I just had this set out the other day and decided not to use it since I was not in a coloring mood. LOL You used a wonderful sketch for designing this card, too! Job well done!

I Card Everyone said...

I am ever so glad when you use older SU products - they are NEW to me, LeAnne! btw they have a lovely basket in the inspiration photo at Inkspirational http://inkspirationalchallenges.blogspot.ca/2017/10/challenge-146-autumn-photo.html - hint, hint!
Glad to know Cassidy didn't 'do bbq' on her little trip down the driveway!
=]

Fanny said...

Ein ganz tolles Kärtchen hast du gezaubert, vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei unser Challenge von Match-the-Skecht! Viel Glück bei der Verlosung und ich drück die Daumen für den Wochengewinner! LG FANNY

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! I like all your subtle layers and the colored basket is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna