Sunday, October 22, 2017

PP367 Sketch from Claire


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess with an awesome sketch today!  I pulled out some oldie but goodies for my creation!!  So here we go:


Last fall, I got some sweet stickers and DSP from Photo Play called Autumn Day, and I wanted to play with them to make a Thanksgiving-themed card!  I found some retired Mellow Moss cardstock for my card base and just mixed and matched some papers, stickers and elements for my "thankful" card:


Does anyone remember this little turkey?  He was a single stamp with "give thanks" underneath, both of which I unmounted from the wood block and created two separate stamps!  He looks pretty snazzy stamped in Chocolate Chip ink:


This sentiment is from Good Greetings, another retired stamp, and I accented the panel with some baker's twine and a Corrugated Elements heart:


And for the inside, another real oldie, from a set called Falling Leaves:


I am going to "pin" this sketch so I can go back to it again and again!  I hope you'll find a good use for it and share your creation with us at the Players this week!  Meanwhile, check out what the others did here:


And speaking of leaves, Cassidy raked up a few straggly leaves (sadly, our leaves are really pathetic this year!) and jumped in them:





Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Falling Leaves (ret), Give Thanks (ret), Good Greetings (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss (ret), Autumn Day DSP (Photoplay)
 Ink Chocolate Chip
Accessories Corrugated Elements, Thick Baker's Twine (ret), Autumn Day Stickers
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Banner Punch, Embossing Plate (PTI)

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the style of that turkey LeAnne - and your papers and textured base go perfectly with it. Your card has a rustic, yet modern feel this week. I will be pinning this sketch too - I've made 3 cards with it already, it is definitely a keeper! Great to see Cassidy having fun in the leaves too - we've had high winds the last couple of days and there are leaves flying everywhere!

Kampin' Karen said...

Jumping into leaves was always so much fun. Imagine how many bones we'd break now! Can you also imagine coloring your gorgeous turkey with the new markers and turn it into a peacock turkey? Oh, I think my imagination just ran away with me. Great card for Thanksgiving and fall. I'm off to the hop. Stay blessed!

Wendy said...

Very pretty card & a super cool design, too! Yes, I love that little turkey! Matter of fact, I was just playing with him yesterday with the Pizza Boxes (which I will share soon)! Sad to say, I do agree with you on the leaves! I have not seen much in color changing on the leaves and we are suppose to be at peak this week!

laurie said...

I love this sketch too! It really showcases your turkey...and he does look dashing in chocolate chip!

We have tons of leaves here, Cassidy would love to jump in all of them I'm sure! They are mostly gone from the trees now, and snow is forecast for Friday. Yes that 4 letter word!

I guess it's time to put my capris away...LOL! Shorts went away a few weeks ago!

Have a great day!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I don't remember that turkey, but I sure do like him! The mix of colors and patterns make a gorgeous card! The berries add so much detail! A perfect card for my sketch! I hope you have a great week, My Friend! XX

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yes, he's looking dapper don dup in chocolate chip! Wonderful Thanksgiving card LeAnne! I remember raking huge piles of leaves with my brother then we would plow through them on our rope swing!!

Jan Clothier said...

This is such a classy looking colour combination - just lovely! I like the way you've layered the berries over the text too.

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card - great colors! And yep our leaves are bad this year too! Still have a lot of green ones on the trees! Too warm this fall!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh I used to have this turkey stamp, and the sentiment you used on the inside! I sold them both... why do I keep doing that? Now I wish I had them both back, lol :) Gorgeous card LeAnne, love the colors and the strand of berries.

Annie S. said...

That is a terrific turkey stamp and I love the colors that you used. I have the same problem with my leaves too...they're sad looking. Your Cassidy looks like she's having a ball regardless! Hope you're having a great week ~ Annie

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the textured background and the trailing element behind your turkey. I also love the green as the base, it's the perfect backdrop for your earthy colors. Fabulous take on the sketch.
hugs
jaydee
P.S. loving the progress on the kitchen and that color on the wall is very hard to photograph. We had the same problem in our bathroom - the blue-grey seems to disappear in photos!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Super cute LeAnne! Love how you re-purposed the stamp set!!