Wednesday, October 4, 2017

MM259 and JB17:20 Glimmer Trees


Hey everyone!  It's mid-week, THANK GOODNESS, as my mojo has seriously tanked along with all my other energies.  I've developed a sinus thing, probably due to the change of season and temperature, although I keep hearing about other people having the same symptoms, so maybe it's not my allergies!  Anyway, I am not feeling too motivated, but I tried my best to come up with a card for the Merry Monday challenge of a Christmas tree as well as the embossing challenge at Jingle Belles:


When the Carols of Christmas bundle came out, I just had to have it...played with it a couple of times and haven't cracked it open since!  So I pulled out the tree and deer dies and the Softly Falling embossing folder and made a very simple card:


I used some of the Mint Macaron glimmer paper from the last SAB promotion and cut out five trees, then used the curved base of the double tree to trace a "snowbank" from a strip of Whisper White cardstock.  I then tucked the trees behind and in front of the snowbank and mounted it on a mat of Whisper White that had been embossed with the EF.  I added a little deer, stamped in Sahara Sand and a banner sentiment from Night in Bethlehem.  I think the banner looks like it is falling off my card, though, so I will go back and adhere it better....it's not falling off, but it doesn't look quite right, LOL!



Yesterday was Grandparent's Day for the second-graders at Cassidy's school; grandparents got to come in and eat lunch with their grandchildren, then go back to their classrooms for a little activity and to get acquainted with their teacher and classmates. It was fun!  Of course, Cassidy had a big fudgesicle for her dessert; I wonder who wipes her mouth off for her when Grammy is not there?


Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Night of Bethlehem, Carols of Christmas
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Mint Macaron (ret), Mint Macaron Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Card Front Builder Framelits, Softly Falling EF

17 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cute card LeAnne - I'm off to dig out some of that glimmer paper, it's so pretty. I'm thinking this would be a great card to knock out a few quick cards to add to my pile! Grandparents Day sounds like fun, sorry to hear your feeling under the weather - feel better soon! Xx

Wendy said...

This card is gorgeous, LeAnne! I just love those sparkly trees cut in the Glimmer paper and the soft texture of the embossing folder in the background! You did a great job on this even though your not feeling well. Hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon! Loved the picture at Grandparents Day, too! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

LOVE your card, so simple but so divine. Consider it CASEd! Yum, fudgesickles. I used to eat mine by dipping it in coca cola!

Betty4 said...

I hope you feel better soon. I love this card! It's simple but beautiful at the same time. Thank you!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely stunning card! Love the glimmer paper. I think I still have some of that around and if not maybe spritz some dazzling diamonds paper with a little re-inker. Thanks for the inspiration! Love the pick of you two lovely ladies too - fudgesicle and all! ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful.....gorgeous winter scene! And that picture makes me smile!

I Card Everyone said...

Just a lovely Christmas card... love the glimmer paper in that gorgeous green. Speaking of colors - LOve your peach/navy combo! LOOK a photo with Grammy! and a lovely one, too... xx
=]

Linda said...

Soft and serene. So pretty, Leanne. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Dawn Tidd said...

I would never guess there is anything wrong with you MOJO! This is a gorgeous card. I love everything about it and the Mint Macaron Glimmer paper is absolutely perfect! I may be CASEing this one! Looks like you and Cassidy had fun! Feel better soon, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like your sparkly trees! This is gorgeous LeAnne! Sweet photo of you with your girl!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a serene winter scene - love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Merry Monday!!

stampwithsandy said...

What a stunning CAS LeAnne, I love it! Those glittery trees are just gorgeous. Hope you feell better soon!

SmilynStef said...

Falling snow and glittery trees ... they rock ... so glad you *embossed* around the Christmas Tree with us at Jingle Belles.

JoAnn said...

Love those glittery green trees and the embossed snow. I think your banner looks fine, it adds dimension. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Vickie said...

I can't imagine what this card would be if you had your Mojo...it is beautiful LeAnne...Ragweed is out and playing with our sinuses...Yuck!....What a fun day for you and Cassidy...I know she loved showing off her young Grammy....

lauren bergold said...

you say "very simple" i say "perfection in CAS card making"... tomato, toMAHto, lol! but truly this is AMAZING; if i were capable of this, i would be seriously tempted to renounce my maximalist tendencies. (ok, renounce them occasionally.) (ok, at least RESTRAIN them, lol!) meanwhile, i'll just say WOW WOW WOW and thanks for joining our "Embossible Dream" at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

ps: only cassidy could make post-luncheon fudgesicle look like this season's "must have" makeup accessory, lol! :) :) :)

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Leanne, so glad you could join us for MM.