Wednesday, October 18, 2017

FF123 Stampin It Old School


 Hi everyone!  Happy Wednesday!  I had two stamp classes on Monday, one in the morning and another in the evening.  It's a nice way to be able to have all my customers participate, because some work and some are retired!  However, I usually leave all my supplies:  Big Shot, current stamp sets and DSP, etc....at church, so when I come home in between, I have time to play but not always all my favorite supplies!  So this Fab Friday card uses old-school supplies....no dies, no Big Shot, just punches, ink and stamps!  Here's the sketch:


 

This paper is from the Delightful Daisy line; I chose it because I have been keeping these paper flowers in my stash FOREVER!  Does anyone besides me remember these?  SU sold them a long time ago, and look how nice this small one looks with this paper!  I created a little banner (hand-notched), then punched a circle of Daffodil Delight to put in the center of the flower.  Since I needed a sympathy card, I added a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes on Whisper White cardstock, then added a border cut with the Scallop Border punch!!!  To add a little interest, I stamped a couple of lines of dots from a Paper Pumpkin kit from last year:


The inside features a sentiment from Better Together and some Paper Pumpkin flowers in Daffodil Delight!   Now it's ready to go in the mail today!


Talk about old-school!!! We have had John's old croquet set sitting in the shed all summer long, it must be about 50 years old; he played with it as a child!  So Cassidy wanted to get it out and learn how to play!  From the construction, our poor yard is just a mess of lumps and clumps, weeds and dirt,  but we persevered! 
 

Grampy won (of course)!!!

 
   
Thanks for visiting today--be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Better Together, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Delightful Daisy DSP
 Ink Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy
Accessories Paper Flower (ret)
Tools     1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Border Punch (ret)

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You did a great job with old school. I wish they'd bring those paper flowers back. We have two antique croquet sets and our lawn is two thick and deep to play. But if you can do it in yours, maybe we'll try again on ours. I never got tired of playing that as a kid. Have a blessed day.

Unknown said...

That game reminds me of my childhood. Was also a fun time.

Heather said...

I think these daisies are so fresh and fun - a sweet sympathy card for sure. Love the extra details you added to the sentiments - so pretty! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love the old school card! Sometimes going back to basics is great and I definitely remember those paper flowers! What a perfect accent for the daisy paper! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Lisa Elton said...

The daisies are lovely and cheerful LeAnne, a wonderful sympathy card! Years ago we were at an out of state family reunion and there was some SERIOUS croquet playing going on! Some of the guys would lie down on the ground (a dirt court!) to line up their shots LOL!!

Dawn Tidd said...

What a cheerful card, LeAnne. I know it will brighten someone's day as they are grieving! You did an awesome job with "old school" supplies!

Brian King said...

I love that you went with "uplifting" for a sympathy card vs. "morose and sad." Such a lovely card. Thanks for playing along with our FabFriday sketch challenge.

Joan V said...

Oh wow, I just love that card.