Friday, October 6, 2017

AYSI160 Shades of Orange


Hi peeps!  Yay, it's Friday and time for another As You See It challenge!  This is a "Speed Stamping" challenge....what does that mean?  Well, after you've assembled all your stamping supplies, you should be able to finish you card in ten minutes or less!  I managed to come in around eight minutes; it might have been less except that I messed up my sentiment and had to go to Plan B, lol!  So...our theme is shades of orange...look at that lovely inspiration photo!

No automatic alt text available.

For my card, I only used ONE shade of orange:  Tangerine Tango, which is a nice deep orange.  I have had this fall image for a long time....don't even know the name of it or the manufacturer:



I used my Misti to get good coverage and it stamped like a dream on thick Very Vanilla cardstock!  I added some thick baker's twine for a little interest and a sentiment from a W+9 set called Pretty Patches Pumpkin.  The inside used a sentiment from the same set:


Tomorrow I will be attending my 45th high school reunion!  The committee has had a fun year of planning and we can hardly believe it's here!  I was reviewing my year book and I noticed that under my "Likes and Dislikes" I had listed the color ORANGE as a "like"!!  Appropriate for today's card, right?!  And how about a photo from my yearbook?  Do you think people will recognize me after 45 years?


In my head, I still feel like I am 18....obviously, my brain hasn't caught up with my body!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!






9 comments:

Betty4 said...

LeAnne, yep! You still look the same! Great card. I'm not an orange person but as usual you have done a great job. Enjoy your reunion.

mudmaven said...

Our brains never catch up to our bodies. Fact of life. Some of us will be forever 18!

I Card Everyone said...

Well I don't think you've changed a bit ... and I LOve orange - and loved it in the 70's, too!!
Lovely Autumn scene, and gorgeous card!
=]

Rene from OZ x said...

You haven't changed a bit LeAnne, lovely card.
Rene from OZ x

MarvA1ix said...

You are just as cute today as you were back then. I just came across my high school photo when cleaning out computer files. Maybe we should all share them on our blogs. Recently someone shared a photo on FB that was reminiscing about girls gym uniforms, and it was a photo of my older sister! We wonder where they got that photo, but it must have been in year book archives someplace that are now public domain.

Kampin' Karen said...

I don't like orange usually, but I like this card. Yes, they will recognize you...same eyes, same smile, same color hair and it looks like same weight :-) Have fun at your reunion.

Margaret said...

Beautiful, you. I mean. And, put a picture of Cassidy next to it ...

Unknown said...

oh my gosh - people will not recognize you - you are even prettier now - have fun at your reunion - hope your husband can go to - you both make a striking couple

Lisa Elton said...

Yes they will recognize your beautiful self and be happy to see you again! Your orange autumn card is lovely. That's a cozy scene. Looks like something that might be Impression Obsession? My SIL used to buy a lot of their scene type woodblock stamps.