Friday, October 20, 2017

AYSI161 Vintage Scary!


Happy Friday, everyone!  It's time for another As You See It challenge.....and it's a Halloween "scary" challenge!

Image may contain: text

I love Halloween but I'm not a big fan of the scary stuff!  Then I remembered I had a whole tablet of Tim Holtz vintage Halloween images and some of them are a bit scary, in a fun way, so I sliced off a big piece featuring several images and made a larger-than-normal (5 1/4 x 6 1/4") card:


I found a piece of textured Sahara Sand 12x12" cardstock in my stash that matched my images pretty well, so I used that for my base; I did a couple of rows of zig zag stitching around the edges of the Halloween paper and then attached it to my card. 

I found this seam binding at a yard sale a long time ago; it's rayon and I think that made a difference when I shabbied it up for my bow!  It's very soft and it crinkled up a lot when I added a little So Saffron ink to dye it and then scrunched it up and heat-set it in my microwave!


But I love the effect it created when I made it into a bow:


I also had some Tim Holtz Seasonal Stickers that I adhered to scraps of the textured cardstock and sponged with different colors, then cut them into banners and tied them to the center of the bow!  They are my favorites!  And here are some closeups of some of the images from the TH papers:


I had to laugh at this one; you can't see the words because of the stitches, but it says "Courage for Halloween"!!!!


 

I added some Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Champagne glimmer paper stars, and the front was done!  And here's a semi-scary image for the inside:


I hope you'll play along with our scary Halloween challenge!  Eeeek!  Halloween is only 11 days away!

Speaking of scary, Cassidy carved her jack-o-lantern a couple of days ago:



Yep, it's pretty scary!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happy Haunting (Graphic 45)
Card stock & Papers     Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black & Champagne Glimmer Paper (ret), Sahara Sand Textured (ret), Seasonal 12x12 (Tim Holtz)
 Ink Basic Gray
Accessories Vintage Seam Binding, Linen Thread
Tools     Big Shot, Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Stars Die (Verve), Country Star Punch (ret), Sticky Strip, Sewing Machine

7 comments:

Betty4 said...

Absolutely Bewitching! I love it!

Wendy said...

How cool! I love Halloween too but not the spooky, scary stuff! Love your card and how you created it with those vintage images! I have a bunch of these vintage sheets that I always scratch my head with what to do with them! I have no clue where they came from! Ha!I love how you do vintage so perfectly, LeAnne! Inside & out is just amazing and definitely a fantastic Halloween card! Miss Cassidy did beautifully on her pumpkin! Love how you shared pics from start to finish! TFS and have a great day! The weather is to be lovely! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm with you on Halloween too. You do an excellent job of making a vintage card. Cassidy couldn't look scary if she tried :-) Her pumpkin is VERY scary ;-)

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific vintage images for your scary card! The bow turned out great and is perfectly vintage too! Cassidy did a fantastic job on her jack-o-lantern!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, I luv how the bow turned out, so scrunchy and distressed....sure hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

That Halloween vintage paper is one of my favorites too! I love how you used all the different images on one card and the scrunchy ribbon is to die for!

Jan Clothier said...

Oh my word! Your kitchen is a really crafty place - heat setting ribbons!! I do love those vintage TH images, so it's great that your card lets them be the star. As for Cassidy's pumpkin face - amazing. Because we don't have Halloween, I've never actually seen a carved pumpkin lit up - it really is SCARY!