Sunday, October 8, 2017

PP365 Joanne's Color Challenge


Hi everyone!  Hope your Sunday is going well!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge!  This week, the uber-creative Joanne is our hostess with an interesting color palette:


I had a couple of ideas for these colors, in fact I created one and really wasn't that enthusiastic about it, so I did another...much better!  One thing about the mini catalogs...there are tons of cute sets in them, but I rarely get a lot of use from them before the next one comes out!  That's what happened with this set from last year's mini...it's called Thankful Forest Friends, and it has the cutest little animals in it and yet, I don't think I have inked it up but once or twice!  So I gave them some love (and ink) for today's card:


I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock in Crushed Curry, first coloring in the acorn with an Early Espresso marker before stamping.  Then I added some Peekaboo Peach color to a few of the leaves with some ink and a blender pen.  It was framed with a photo frame diecut in Crushed Curry, under which I tucked a bear and fox, which were stamped separately and fussy-cut out:


I also did some stamping on the bottom portion of the frame and added some stitched die-cut leaves and embroidery floss.  The Early Espresso mat was embossed with the Woodland embossing folder to continue the "forest" theme.  I haven't stamped an inside sentiment yet....probably a Thanksgiving one will be appropriate!

The design team has some really neat cards using these colors...check them out below, and then be sure to share your creations with us at the Paper Players blog!


Dana posted a few of her wedding photos on FB, so I snagged this one of the whole family:


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Thankful Forest Friends (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Peekaboo Peach
 Ink Crushed Curry, Early Espresso, Peekaboo Peach
Accessories Embroidery Floss
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Leaves Dies (Lawn Fawn), Photo Frame Die (Lil'Inker), Woodland Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Blender Pen, Early Espresso Marker

13 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your card today LeAnne - the little animals peeking around the frame are adorable and the embossed tree background gorgeous in that rich brown. I know what you mean about not inking up stamp sets often enough - a perennial problem when you buy lots, never seem to make everything I'd like to with them all! Glad you gave these little guys some love today! Dana's wedding photos are absolutely stunning - this is a great one with the entire family. Looks like you all had a wonderful day.

Claudia said...

Wohoo! I love how the bear and the fox are peeking around the corner! Very sweet!

stampwithsandy said...

Great use of the challenge colors, LeAnne! I love those cute critters and the woodland background is just perfect. Love those tiny stitched leaves, too! What a beautiful wedding picture, Dana and Cassidy look just gorgeous. Belated congratulations!

Betty4 said...

Great card. I feel the same way about some of the sets. First I ask myself how much use I will get out of them. I always seem to stick with floral and birds. Then I see cards that were made out of sets from the mini catalogs and I think to myself "why didn't I buy that set". Of course it's usually after the sets have been discontinued. : )

laurie said...

I love the embossed background and cute images! And yes, I think you should ink up that set more often...so fun..what a great card.

Awesome family photo too!

Have a great day!

barb mann said...

LeAnne - This card is precious! Love it. Will have to case! TFS.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm glad you inked that cute little pair up again!! Love the rich chocolatey embossed background This is so stinkin' cute! Gorgeous wedding photo of your family! Dana was such a beautiful bride!! So was the mother of the bride ;)

Jan Clothier said...

Just gorgeous! Love the textured forest background but the critters peeking into the frame among the foliage are real winners. Beautiful!

Nance Leedy said...

Absolutely adorable, LeAnne! Perfect use of the colors. Love the sweet critters peeking out of the frame and the stamping on the frame adds detail without being fussy. Fabulous card, my friend....and a fabulous family photo too! Wonderful to see Dana so happy! :-)

Annie S. said...

This is a beautiful card! The embossed background is wonderful and your critters peeking out of the frame made me smile! Hope you're having a good week!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, those little critters peeking out made me smile! Such a fun card!! The embossed background is perfect! Beautiful picture of your family! So happy for your daughter and Cassidy! XX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I LOVE this sketch LeAnne! Like LOVE! And I always enjoy your daily photos!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, what a gorgeous photo - one that is going to be a treasured memory. Everyone looked so happy! Now... your card makes me happy, too. I love the little critters; I love the die-cut leaves with the little twine bow - heck.. I love all of it!
hugs
jaydee