Sunday, October 29, 2017

PP368 Christmas Wreath

 

Hi peeps!  It's Sunday, and that means another Paper Players challenge!  This one is a tic-tac-toe from the amazingly-talented Jaydee!  So many good choices on this board, I didn't know where to start!  In the end, I chose the middle row across:


I had a piece of this Be Merry DSP already cut, laying on my desk, so I decided to use it as a background for my card; I hope you can see the white-on-white wreath!!:


I had planned to lay my sparkly wreath, made from the Swirly Scribbles and Pretty Pines dies, directly on the striped paper, but it really got lost, so I added a white mat for a cleaner background.  Here's a closeup of those glimmer paper elements, and a little tag with some sparkly baker's twine:


To make adhering these elements easier, I first pulled the paper backing off all the glimmer paper pieces before adding a layer of adhesive sheet.  This makes it thinner and easier to run through the Big Shot as well as easier to remove the die on the intricate pieces.  I also added a glue dot and really strong glue to the back of the tag, as my dimensional did not want to stick to the glitter!!!  Keeping my fingers crossed it all stays together, LOL!

The design team created a plethora of gorgeous creations with this challenge; I hope you'll check each and every one out, give them some love, and then share your creation with us as well:



The "kids" went to the Sea Witch Festival in Rehoboth Beach, DE, and Dana shared Cassidy dressed in her JoJo outfit....I am having trouble handling this rockstar persona, LOL!  But she does sparkle! I think the shoes make the outfit, don't you?!  Good thing they zip up the back!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tiny Tags (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Adhesive Sheets, Be Merry DSP, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Glimmer Paper in Real Red, Dazzling Diamonds & Mint Macaron (ret)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Red & White Glitter Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Pretty Pines Thinlets, Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Swirly Scribbles Thinlits

12 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oooo I love this simple yet oh so sparkly wreath LeAnne - the teeny tag is just too cute! I might have to make me some of these - so festive with the striped background too. Tictactoe this week is going to be fun- we followed the same row yet our cards couldn't look more different! Loving Cassidy's rock-chick look - watch out, I spy a tween-ager in the making!

Vickie said...

Such a sweet....clean card...and yes those shoes are the best..do love them

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh my gosh, she is too cute...love those shoes. Good thing they zip up the back or it would take her forever to get them on and off! I adore your card. The white on white is perfect and shows up great in the photo. All your elements are nicely placed and the recipient will be very pleased (or better be!) Have a blessed day.

Nance Leedy said...

This is such a sweet Christmas card, LeAnne! Just a peek of the candy cane paper adds such whimsy to your sweet wreath arrangement. Mint Macaron is a fresh pair with real red. Speaking of fresh....watch out world...it's the Cass Show!!

Jan Clothier said...

This is such a lovely card, LeAnne. It's clean and sweet but the glimmer paper give is such a wham! The stripy paper is just like a candy cane and makes a great frame for that super wreath. And yes, a good thing the shoes zip up - you wouldn't want to get to the end and find you'd mis-laced and had to start again!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! Love the stripes and sparkle! Miss C sparkles too!

laurie said...

I love all the sparkle! On the card and on Cassidy:)

Have a great week!

stampwithsandy said...

What a gorgeous card, LeAnne! Love all the sparkly die cuts and the tiny tag. Great tip about running the glitter paper through the Big Shot, too. I'll have to try to remember that!

Annie S. said...

It's a beauty of a Christmas card! I love that scribbly white wreath and the sparkly DSP...so fun! Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love this CAS card. That sparkly wreath is gorgeous! Those stripes are look like a big candy cane! That sweet little tag is perfect! Cassidy is adorable! XX

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

EEP!! This is GORGEOUS LeAnne!!!!! Always love looking through your week of photos :)

Lisa Elton said...

I like the peppermint stripes in the background! This is pretty!