Monday, August 5, 2024

Wishing You Peace

Happy Monday, peeps! My card today isn't for any challenge, but I liked it so much, I wanted to share!

 Most times, when I am stamping and diecutting an image, I diecut the cardstock FIRST.  Then I use the negative piece of the cardstock (the outside edges) as a template for use in my stamp positioner.  I stamp my image on some scrap paper while in the stamp positioner, then I place the negative piece over top of the stamped image on the scrap, line it up, add my magnets so it won't shift, then I place my diecut inside the opening and stamp again.  I find this is a really good way to ensure my stamping and diecutting "jive"! It is a couple of extra steps but I feel it's worth the extra minute or so!

 But sometimes, especially when I am doing a stamp camp, I make an additional template from Kraft or Crumb Cake cardstock, because it is a little sturdier and it makes it easier to line up because of the difference in color between my template and the actual white diecut. I am telling you all of this because now I have all these diecut shapes from Kraft cardstock floating around on my desk, unused, but perfectly good!  SO....I took one of the diecuts, this one happens to be a tag from the Bonanza dies, and created a Christmas card with it:


Since I still had my Waffle Flower Postage Stamp stencils and dies sitting on my desk from yesterday's card, I also made a single little image using the Christmas ones:


I stenciled the house & tree in Garden Green and Versafine Black and then mounted it on the tag.  I heat embossed a sentiment in white (Christmas Blessings, Simon Says Stamp) and added some ribbon and twine.  The background paper is from Unity, and it all went on a Soft Succulent card base.  Here's the inside, also from SSS:


I love these colors together! And now there's one less lost little diecut floating around on my desk!  Thanks for popping in today!

Here are the last of my birthday cards; this beauty is from Peggy:


And this cutie is from Sally; I love the bright, cheerful colors:


And this gorgeous one was from Debbie (and there was a nice little surprise inside too---it involves ICE CREAM!):


And Michele knows how much I love BLUE:


I am so blessed!  Thank you, ladies!  Enjoy your day and you be blessed as well!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp), Postage Collage (Waffle Flower)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Succulent (ret), Kraft (Close to My Heart), Watercolor Winter (Unity)
 Ink Craft White, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Versafine Black
Accessories Crumb Cake Stitched Ribbon (ret), White Perle Cotton, Dimensionals, White Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies (ret), Bonanza Dies (ret), Postage Dies (Waffle Flower), Postage Collage Christmas Stencil (Waffle Flower), Heat Tool 

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a cute Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the tree paper and your added tag! Your postage stamp on it looks amazing! TFS all your lovely birthday cards, they are all so pretty! :)

Carol L said...

That's quite a process you use to make cards, but it's definitely worth it. I love the tag with the little postage stamp on it. wouldn't it be nice if a stamp cost only 9 cents again today? Just dreaming LOL Your birthday cards are all very pretty, thanks for sharing them.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

What a wonderful card and tip. Thanks for sharing

I Card Everyone said...

I love your little 'cabin in the woods' LeAnne! AND your Christmas tree 'farm' background paper is so pretty!
Glad to know you were well celebrated, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I LOVE how you've used the single stamp, LeAnne! And what a sweet, tiny image! The tag goes beautifully on the patterned paper!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a sweet little postage stamp you've added to your charming card! Thanks for sharing you Bday cards with us too!