Tuesday, August 6, 2024

52CCTD24 Love Joy Peace

Happy Tuesday, peeps! Hope all are doing well...thinking of those affected by Hurricane Debby!  The weather forecasters predict it will probably hit PA on Saturday...just when we were planning a boat ride on John's new boat!  Anyway, I whipped up a little card yesterday using the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown sketch for the month:


I had about a bazillion ideas for this and my final product didn't use any of them!  I found some unused papers in my stash from Kaisercraft and went to work:


The papers on the card base have leaping deer on it, amongst the trees, so that was my thought when adding the Memory Box deer.  Unfortunately, the center panel covered them up, LOL!  But I continued with my deer and snowflake theme anyway!  The corner panels have a border of Lost Lagoon; the center panel is Crumb Cake and the deer is Evening Evergreen, accented with a little sequin!  I stamped the panel with some snowflakes and Christmas words, then sponged some white ink around the edges:


Not exactly what I had envisioned, but the end result was okay!  Thanks for popping in today!

SO now we have a boat:




We had a little sailboat for several years but sold it a few years back.  John's been looking for this particular make and model of power boat ever since!  This was the maiden voyage, after many, many hours of engine repair, other repairs and hours and hours of cleaning in the hot sun!  He is one happy boater right now.  I haven't been on it yet, but I look forward to some cool river air very soon!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

God, who made the world and everything in it, is Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples made by human hands.  Nor does he need anything that we can supply by working for him, since it is he himself who gives life and breath and everything else to everyone. Acts 17:24-25


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Words (Impression Obsession), Snowflakes (Kaisercraft)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Lost Lagoon, Evening Evergreen (ret), Wonderland (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Craft White, Evening Evergreen (ret), London Fog (Memento)
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequin from my Stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Deckle Edge Dies, Countryside Corners Dies, Dashing Reindeer Die (Memory Box), Sponge Dauber

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I don't have any trouble imagining the prancing deer on that sweet paper - and I LOve your die cut one with his handsome scarf. Such a beautiful way to use that fun sketch.
Now, about that boat - I'm dying to know what her name is... and will there be fishing?? We're in! The captain looks mighty happy!
=]

Bonnie said...

Even if you covered it up you know that this deer is perfect for the paper! Great mix of papers too!

Tracy Grauer said...

Cute card with those paper and that deer! Beautiful boat and look, John has the biggest smile and I bet he didn't even have to be told to smile! He is one happy boater! Enjoy!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the papers you gave this pretty deer to leap through! Terrific card, LeAnne. John looks like one happy fella... enjoy!!

Karen in Florida said...

Cute card, LeAnne! I love your colors and the little deer is adorable!
Look at John smile!!! He's one happy boater! The boat is beautiful!!
I really miss our boating days on the lake in Michigan. I may have to drop by for a boat ride! Enjoy your summer on the water!

Wendy said...

Super cute Christmas card! Love the papers and your leaping deer as the focal point! Awesome job with the challenge, too! A new boat...how fun!! John must be thrilled! Does he fish? Hope you soon get out to take a nice ride!

Kampin' Karen said...

I echo all the comments above. The first thing I noticed about John was his smile. She's a beauty and can't wait to see pics of you and the family enjoying the river. Hope Debby leaves you alone!

Fabiola said...

oh Le Anne, elle est magnifique, j'aime les couleurs et ces motifs si délicats, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz