Sunday, August 11, 2024

PP702 Color Challenge from Jan

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Jan is our Paper Players hostess this week with a lovely color palette for us!  Check it out:


Aren't they pretty?!  I pulled out Happiest Day and here's what I came up with:


To start, I created my own little square stencil with some acetate and a square punch.  I diecut four postage stamps using the Perennial Postage dies, and sponged color on each one.  As an afterthought, I decided to stamp the little sparkly stamp on there as well while I still had the stencil in place:


Then, using Smoky Slate as my other neutral color, I stamped a dragonfly in each color and fussy cut them out, adding a silver sequin to each one.  Everything was mounted on a panel embossed with the Cute Crochet embossing folder; it doesn't emboss as deeply as I would like, but you can see some of the design behind the images.  A simple sentiment finished it off!  Oh, and some Wink of Stella too, but you'll just have to imagine the sparkle, LOL!

I hope you'll play along with our pretty colors this week....they lend themselves to lots of subjects, so let your creativity shine!  Share your creation with us at the Paper Players blog so we can see them too!  Thanks for popping in today!

The last few photos of Longwood:


My brother (who is an engineer at Longwood) and sister walking along the lower portion between the conservatory and the fountains; see the people at the top, looking over the railings?  It's a beautiful view, no matter where you are!

Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Happiest Day
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Thick Basic White, Acetate Sheet
 Ink Smoky Slate, Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo, Lemon Lolly
Accessories Neutral Sequins, Wink of Stella
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Cute Crochet Embossing Folder, Perennial Postage Dies, Blending Brushes, 1" Square Punch (ret)

11 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

This is just divine! Such perfect little dragonflies! I like the clever way you stencilled the coloured backgrounds on each postage stamp - and then I swooned at the textured background.... delicious!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I love your trio of 'hitchhikers' and that gorgeous embossing, too!
Thanks for sharing your photos of Longwood Gardens!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is fabulous! I adore this embossing folder! The dragonflies are just perfect, too! The stenciled background is genius! You certainly rocked these colors! Have the best week!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a delightful summery card, LeAnne! All your little touches make it great! Love the Longwood photos, also!

Karen in Florida said...

Very sweet card, LeAnne! I love the simplicity and the soft colors. Great idea to stamp the 'sparkle' on each sponged square!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with their pretty little polka dot wings! Cute card and some great photos!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne...Jolanda played with dragonflies too! Love'm. Sweet and fun.

Linda Callahan said...

These dragonflies are the sweetest! Adorable card!

Stef Perry said...

Just a wonderful design LeAnne, with the postage stamp dies and those darling dragonflies! Adding the sparkle to the stenciled squares made me smile, as did the pretty embossed background!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the texture from that fabulous embossed background, but your littler dragonflies steal my heart. They work beautifully on the scalloped squares. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

These beautiful dragonflies, with the coordinating colored backgrounds, are a perfect way to use the challenge colors, LeAnne! SO clever! The gorgeous embossing is an amazing way to showcase them. It's a gorgeous card. Have a wonderful weekend!