Wednesday, August 14, 2024

RRCB237 You're Too Kind

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I had a little stamping time yesterday; I had been going through some older DSP tablets and came across Plaid Tidings.  It had lots of nice seasonal plaids in it, but there were a couple that had brighter colors and I just never could warm up to them.  After seeing the Retro Rubber tic-tac-toe board, I decided to challenge myself and use one of the plaids along with a stamp from last year called Fruitful Blessings (2023). Here's the board:


I originally chose the diagonal of Die-cut, Heat/Dry emboss (I have both) and Patterned Paper, but I realize I also have Rectangles, Sequins and Stencil in there as well!  So here we go:


I normally don't go for big bold colors, but I really wanted to highlight the Melon Mambo in that plaid! The floral image was stamped in Versafine Black AND Versamark inks, using my stamp positioner, then heat-embossed with clear embossing powder and watercolored.  Having the outlines embossed made the watercoloring go quickly! Normally I would use fall tones, but these reminded me of the zinnias that we saw at Longwood:


I did some very light stenciling in the background, added some embossing with Stitched Whimsy around the outside of the stenciling, then finished it off with the big, bold sentiment from Wanted to Say.  I did add a few sequins that matched the colors.  I was pretty happy with the end result!  Thanks so much for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Fruitful Blessings (2023)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Plaid Tidings (ret), Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Versafine Black, Versamark, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sea Foam
Accessories Clear Embossing Powder, Dimensionals, Black Dimensionals.Sequins (Honey Bee & Pretty Pink Posh)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Fruitful Blessings Dies (ret), Stitched With Whimsy Die (ret), Wanted to Say Dies, Blending Brushes, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (ret), Heat Tool

7 comments:

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, LeAnne! Love the colors of your flowers, the stitching on the cardbase and the bold diecut! It all came together nicely for the challenge! TFS and enjoy the nice day ahead! :)

I Card Everyone said...

So pretty, LeAnne and it has all the colors of my favorite fruit: watermelon!
=]

Bonnie said...

A perfect way to use this plaid paper, LeAnne!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love these big, bold and bright colors on your card! And the Plaid Tidings DSP you chose is great!

Heather said...

So so beautiful, LeAnne - I love that you used this gorgeous bright plaid, and the flowers look amazing with it too! What a beautiful design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Carol L said...

This card takes the cake for best of everything! It's beautiful and so colorful and just makes me happy!

Lisa Elton said...

You did the Melon Mambo proud, LeAnne! Wonderful card!