Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Hello Fall with Iconic Imagery

Happy Tuesday, peeps! Hope you're having a good week so far!  It definitely does not feel like August here in SE PA, but that's fine with me!  Since it feels more fall-like, I decided to play with some fall images from the new Iconic Imagery bundle.  I used the colors from Hand-Stamped Sentiments (gulp, Wild Wheat is in there!) as well as the fun sketch from CAS Colour & Sketches:


So here we go:


I diecut three leaves from Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped them with the challenge colors, stamping off for the centers.  A few little sprigs from the same die set were cut with matching colors, tucked behind each leaf on a Spotlight on Nature circle...the one that looks like a paper plate! Not sure if I am happy with that look but it is what it is!  I also embossed another Vanilla panel with the Leaf Fall embossing folder to add to the fall feel:



The sentiment is from Choose Happy and it just happens to fit in the wee little banner die featured in Iconic Imagery as well! Serentipitous!  A few more leaves and a pretty sentiment from Sketched Butterflies went on the inside:


Off to the library to get some more books! I just read a great book and I must say that I LOVED it! It was called Harry's Trees by Jon Cohen....very cleverly done, intriguing story, twists and turns, and a happy ending!  I also read The Littlest Library by Poppy Alexander! It was cute too!  

Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Iconic Imagery, Choose Happy, Sketched Butterflies
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Moody Mauve, Wild Wheat, Blackberry Bliss
 Ink Moody Mauve, Wild Wheat, Blackberry Bliss
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Iconic Imagery Dies, Spotlight on Nature Dies, Leaf Fall Embossing Folder

12 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, this is such a beautiful way to use those colors - before long you'll be a BIG fan of that wheat, I'm sure of it! Funny that the detail reminds you of paper plates - I always think pie because my mom crimped her crusts with a fork!
GORGEOUS embossing!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is fun! and both books sound like would be a fun read. My "want to read" list is sooooo long! I have been reading heavy novels about Civil War, Mexican cartels, Cambodian garbage dump and WW2. I need something light now! Yours sound just right!! Thank you for sharing the titles.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful Fall card, indeed! Love how you used the colors to make such a pretty card! Well done on the challenge. After it being so hot the last few months this cool air is kind of a shock to the system but very much welcomed! Hope your enjoying it!

Linda Callahan said...

So sweet!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sweet images and the embossing! Pretty CAS card, LeAnne!

Stampin Expressions said...

I love the leaves in the 3 different colors! That stamp set is really cute and that embossing folder is one of my favorites! Beautiful fall card! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge! Also I will have to check those books out, I also love to read!

Jenny Engelke said...

Ohhhh, all the texture on this card is what makes it special for me! What a lovely use of the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Rachel D said...

Love your embossing with the leaves, LeAnne! And gorgeous use of the fall motifs. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

The delicate little touches of color contribute to a simply stunning card, LeAnne. So glad you decided to join us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! Love the textured background and the colored leaves are perfectly highlighted. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful!!

Laura said...

Beautiful! That background texture is such a great touch. thanks for joining us at CC&S!