Monday, August 12, 2024

AHSC590 Sparkly Snowflakes

Happy Monday, everyone! Finally, we had a glorious weekend, weather-wise!  John was able to take me out on the boat and the weather was perfect! Looking forward to it again!  It's time for a new Atlantic Heart Sketch, and honestly, I really bungled this one! Here's the sketch:

 

Sometimes when a sketch has flowers, I try to NOT do flowers....I like to do something different! I thought snowflakes would be a nice substitution!  After many, many trials and errors, I finally ended up with this...not really the effect I was going for, but after spending so much time, I just gave up:


I didn't have anything doily-related big enough to work for the right side of my card, so I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Dotted Circles embossing folder and cut it down with a circle die. I found a snowflake element in my stash so I adhered that to the top. I then diecut several silver glimmer snowflakes using various dies and layered them around the outer edge:


One thing that did work out well was this cute little sentiment from a SSS stamp set called Let It Snow:


And since I did it in silver on Balmy Blue, I added some silver sequins and blue gems for embellishment all around my snowflakes!  I heat-embossed another silver sentiment on the inside and finished it off with a leftover snowflake:

It will definitely bring a bit of zing to the recipient come this Christmas!  I hope you'll play along with our Atlantic Hearts Sketch this week!  Check out the blog on Wednesday to see ALL the creations from the Design Team; meanwhile, put on your creative thinking caps and play with us too!

No boat pictures today, but I thought I'd share a video of some hummers that have been frequenting my feeder lately.  There are probably five or six of them altogether, swooping through the air, chasing each other in and out of the trees. We have three feeders and they go to all of them!  This particular one sticks to the window over my sink (thanks, Sheilah!) and if I am very still, I can watch them....which I do, instead of doing my housework, LOL!  Here we go:


I read that they are filling up in anticipation of their long migration which will be coming soon!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Let It Snow (Simon Says Stamp), Christmas Silhouettes (Sweet & Sassy)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Balmy Blue, Silver Glimmer (ret), Wonderland Collectibles (Kaisercraft)
 Ink Silver Encore (ret)
Accessories Silver Sequins (ret), Blue Rhinestones (Michael's), Dimensionals, Silver Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Dotted Circles EF, Stylish Shapes DIes, Circles Dies (ret), Stitched Snowflakes Dies (ret), Snowflake Dies (Taylored Expressions), Heat Tool

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I know the struggle! But I think you came up with a beautiful snowflake covered rendition of their Sketch!
Sweet video!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

You know I've had that struggle recently too, but I would say you came through with flying colors! I like your sparkly snowflakes and your doily substitute! We have just a couple of hummers this year, but they are fun to watch!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous snowflake card! I am ready for some flakes after this crazy heat!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your snowflake card is beautiful and so is your hummingbird!

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card and thank you for the video.

Kim S said...

I love the way you've twined the sparkly snowflakes and sequins around those fun wintery circles!

Kim said...

Beautiful card!!!