Tuesday, August 13, 2024

TCH92 Feel Better Soon

Hello, everyone!  I haven't gotten my Country Flowers set inky for a while, and the Color Hues challenge of pink and brown got me to thinking!

So here we go:


I also used the TGIF Challenge sketch:


I began with some Pretty in Pink striped DSP, then added my Pecan Pie teapot and my pink and tan flowers:


The flowers were stamped in Saddle Brown Stazon ink so I could watercolor them in; the pot was stamped in Craft White ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  For fun, I adhered the layers of the pink DSP to a piece of white scrap paper, then ran it through the Eyelet embossing folder before adhering it to a mat of Crumb Cake. I also added some Crumb Cake leaves behind the flowers.  A sentiment from Unbounded Love and a few sequins finished it off.  This color combination kind of reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream, LOL!

The kids went to King's Dominion in Virginia over the weekend for Cassidy's birthday and did a spooky escape room:


The next day, they got stuck on a roller coaster!!! They were only a short distance from the end, but I guess they had to be rescued!  Yikes!



This is why I just watch from the sidelines, LOL! Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Unbounded Love, Country Flowers
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Pretty in Pink DSP
 Ink Saddle Brown Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake, Craft White
Accessories Sequins from my stash, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Country Flowers Dies, Eyelet Embossing Folder, Timeless Arrangements Dies (ret), Aquapainter

10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your embossed stripes, LeAnne! What a sweet little pot of get-well tea!
I'd be on the sidelines with you, my friend!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I've always like pink and brown together. What a cute combination you did with those Country Flowers. My roller coaster days are over! Can you imagine being stuck in one of those things upside down? Apparently that happened to my husband in his younger days!

Karen in Florida said...

Cute card, LeAnne! The pink & brown are perfect for a get well card & I love the embossing folder background! Also perfect!
I love rollercoasters mainly because they don't spin you around like other fair rides (which make me sick). However, I wouldn't wanna get stuck on one!!! The family doesn't look too scared, tho! Looks like Cassidy had a great 14th birthday!

Lisa Elton said...

That's a pretty little teapot and your card is wonderful! Thank goodness they didn't have far to go with their rescue!

Amanda Mertz said...

Super cute! I love the watercoloring on the flowers! And my oldest works at Kings Dominion!! I hope that wasn't his ride that your family got stuck on lol!! I like coasters but definitely wouldn't like that at all!!

Stef Perry said...

Such a cute teapot and it's holding a pretty bouquet! The added leaves and the embossed background are perfect additions, LeAnne, and your card is sure to make someone feel better. Thanks so much for playing along at Color Hues!

Wendy said...

Yikes! That would be a bit scary getting stuck on a rollercoaster! I agree with you.....i'll stick to watching from the side as I am not a fan of rollercoasters. LOL Your card is lovely, LeAnne! Love the colors and the embossing! I have this suite of stamps and have not broke it open yet! So pretty! :)

Nancy said...

Love your country vibe card, LeAnne. The embossed background compliments the card so well. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues. The kids are growing up so fast.

JulieP said...

This is beautiful LeAnne!!! I love the country feel and the embossed background paper. I too am a sideliner when it comes to rides. LOL!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

cm said...

Your county flowers are ever so pretty, especially in pink and brown, and paired with an eye-catching embossed background. Thank you so much for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol