Sunday, August 18, 2024

PP703 CAS Challenge from Claire x Three

Happy Sunday, peeps!  Claire is our Paper Players hostess this week, and it's a Clean and Simple week! Here's her prompt:

What a fun challenge!  I confess that it took me THREE tries to get a card that I was happy with for this challenge; first, I don't really have that many fruit stamps (although when I thought harder about it, I did have a few!). Second, one of them wasn't clean-and-simple enough for me, and third, I just wasn't altogether happy with it!  But here's the one that I finally ended up with:


My fruit is a basket of grapes from an older SU set called Provencal; I heat embossed it in black ink and watercolored the image in with inks and an aquapainter.  The swirly image is from Timeless Textures and the sentiment is from Harvest Home, all of which are also retired.


I stamped another swirly image on the inside and added a stamp from Day of Thanks:


My first Thanksgiving card!  

This next one was my original card, and I just didn't feel it was CAS enough. I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and the colors from Colour Inkspiration:




Same image....did some watercoloring, paper piecing (because my watercoloring bled like crazy), some embossing and some diecutting:

\

The little "celebrate" tag is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  

The final one was certainly CAS enough but it just didn't have any "oomph" to me:

Basic Beige background with a wee bit of decorative diecutting and Berry Burst image and sentiment (Unity). I love this sentiment, so I am sure I'll be able to use it for something!

SO....what will you create with our fruity CAS challenge?  There are lots of gorgeous fruit-related stamps out in our stamping world, so dig yours out and share it with us at the Paper Players, where you can see all the DT's submissions as well!   We'll be celebrating Cassidy's 14th birthday today, so I'm gonna run!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!


First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps
Provencal, Harvest Home, Timeless Textures, Day of Thanks  (all retired)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Gorgeous Grape, Crumb Cake
 Ink Versamark, Versafine Black, Crumb Cake, Highland Heather, Basic Beige, Misty Moonlight
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Deckle Edge Rectangle Dies, Stitched Square Dies (Lil'Inker), Aquapainter
Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Provencal (ret), Timeless Textures (ret),Mini Tag Sentiments (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Summer Splash, Blackberry Bushel, Berry Burst, Bubble Bath Glimmer (ret)
 Ink Blackberry Bushel, Berry Burst, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, Pink Seam Binding (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Nested Essential Dies, Ornate Borders Die (ret), Distress Tile Embossing Folder, Tiny Tag Punch (ret), Aquapainter
Third Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Provencal (ret), Stamp of the Month March 2024 (Unity)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Beige, Berry Burst
 Ink Berry Burst
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Labels Die (ret), Layering Squares Dies (ret), Stylish Shapes Dies

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, they are all three really lovely - and that image is just too pretty to only use once!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I am sorry you had trouble deciding on your choice of cards. I LOVE all of them. This stamp makes me long for a trip to Italy! I love the fact you made a Thanksgiving card. That is my favorite holiday. All of these beauties will brighten someone's day! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

Wendy said...

Such a fun challenge and I love all 3 of your cards! In situations like this it's always good that we hang on to those retired sets! I just recently used images from the Tuscan Vineyard set and it was like breathing new life into it! Love the variety of colors and designs you used on these cards and YAY on the 1st Thanksgiving card! Super fun! Happy Sunday, LeAnne!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... love the love you are giving an older stamp. We have so many treasures packed away! Great CAS card.

Tracy Grauer said...

I had to chuckle at your stamping x 3...because I can relate! We truly are our hardest critic! Your cards are lovely and the recipients will love them! May your day be fruitful!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, LeAnne! This stamp is amazing. I love all three cards, although I must confess that the second one stole my heart. What a wonderful trio of beauties! Have a great upcoming week!

Lisa Elton said...

I think you did great! All three are lovely!

Stef Perry said...

All three cards are gorgeous LeAnne, although I like the first one best. I went down memory lane looking at your card, because I had both Provencal and Timeless Textures at one time. They look just as gorgeous today with your beautiful designs!

Kim S said...

I love the ways you have used your fruit stamp! They fit the colors, theme AND sketch!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Amy O said...

Three very different looks with the same stamp and three lovely cards! I love all of the texture and touch of sparkle on your FMS card!

Jan Clothier said...

What a great variety of looks from the same set! I do like the last one, even though you thought it didn't have oomph. I think the vibrancy of the ink for the image gave pizzazz. Like you, I don't have fruit stamps either so I appreciate your creativity with not one but three cards!

Linda Callahan said...

I love those grapes - in every color!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love that you went with non-traditional colors and the grapes look fabulous. The purple works beautifully with kraft - i'd never thought to combine those colors but they are perfect together.
Fabulous CAS card
hugs
jaydee

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Ah, LeAnne...you chose my favorite of all fruits...especially because I love a good glass of wine. All three cards are delightful. Cheers, Jolanda

lichazul said...

Beautiful cards, congrats 😊💐 happy day