Saturday, August 17, 2024

Happy Birthday, Cassidy!

Happy Saturday, peeps! Today is Cassidy's 14th birthday! Time flies!  I made her a card using some basketball papers from Echo Park:


It's a wee bit larger than a standard card, it's 4 1/2" x 6 1/2".  I wanted to get lots of the basketball images on it!!  Everything is from the Echo Park pad except for the basketball and the "HB".  The basketball is an older SU stamp, stamped in Pecan Pie and I added (poorly) the black lines with a fine-tip marker.  The diecut letters are from Lawnfawn. 


 Here's the inside, I used another image from Have a Ball and the sentiment is from Biggest Wish:



She asked for mostly sport-related clothing for her birthday and one sweatshirt she wanted was not going to arrive on time. So I did a little creative tracing and cutting; this will go in her card with a "coming later" note!


Thanks for poping in today! We're celebrating tomorrow, so cleaning is on my agenda for today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Biggest Wish (ret), Have a Ball (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Basic White, Basic Black, Basketball (Echo Park)
 Ink Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Basic Black
Accessories Black Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Banner Dies (Nellie Snellen), Oliver's Stitched Alphabet Dies (Lawn Fawn), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (ret)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is this LeAnne. Absolutely perfect!! And your sweat shirt. You knocked this out of the part. And Cassidy…still so pretty. Have loved watching her grow up. How old is she now? Afraid to ask.

Kampin' Karen said...

You are so clever with the sweatshirt! She is going to love her card...I do!! Good goin' Gram!!! I hope she has a most special 14th. The years have truly flown by. I have enjoyed watching her grow from toddler to teen. Have a blessed weekend.

Jackie said...

She'll flip over this one for sure! Happy Birthday Cassidy! We share the same birth date except for the year! Hope it's a great one!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Cassidy! It's hard to believe she is 14! They are growing up so fast! I'm impressed with all the basketball images on this card and how you show her birthday gift.

I Card Everyone said...

14!! Goodness time does fly! LeAnne, she is going to flip over this card - don't knock those lines they are perfect and just like the ones in the paper!
Happy birthday, Cassidy! Enjoy your special sweatshirt!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Wishing Cassidy the happiest of birthdays... 14 WOW!! Looks like you made the perfect card for your girl, grammy. She'll love it and her gift!

Karen in Florida said...

Perfect basketball card for Cassidy! I love it.
I also LOVE the picture of the top you bought for her that hasn't arrived yet. Great idea!
Tell Cassidy I'm wishing her a very happy birthday today!!! (Same birth date as my Mother, 110 years ago!!)

Tracy Grauer said...

Happy Birthday to Cassidy! She has grown up way too fast here in blogland! Great card for that basketball-loving girl! Have fun celebrating!

Anonymous said...

I love the themed supplies! And I think the basketball looks great! Very clever way to show the “coming soon” gift!! Happy bday to Cassidy!

Wendy said...

Oooh this is such a great card, LeAnne! Love the papers and you know Miss Cassidy is going to love this! Happy 14th birthday to her! (14 already?????)

Carol L said...

I find it difficult to imagine Cassidy is already 14, but she's grown into such a pretty young lady. How clever of you to create that fun insert for her great basketball card! Very creative and fun and I hope her birthday was equally as fun for her.

Linda Callahan said...

This card is fabulous - and so is Miss C - wow 14!!!