Wednesday, August 7, 2024

AHSC589 Ocean Friendship

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Time for a new Atlantic Hearts sketch:


As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew that I wanted to use the retired Gentle Waves stamp.  Although my colors go from light to dark instead of dark to light as on the sketch, hopefully, it will be okay!  Here we go:


I inked the stamp up using a brayer and three different blue inks:  Balmy Blue, Azure Afternoon and Misty Moonlight.  It's a little tricky to get them blended but I think it worked okay!  I stamped a sentiment from Seaside Wishes in Azure Afternoon ink, and added a couple of wee little starfishes:


I frayed a bit of white ribbon to lay behind it, then added some sparkly sequins.  Everything went on an Azure Afternoon card base.  This is such a nice sentiment for almost any occasion!

I hope you'll play along with our fun challenge this week....I think there are lots of variations you could use!  Share it with us at the AHSC blog so we can enjoy it too!  Thanks for popping in today!

 So I am finished sharing my birthday cards but I couldn't ignore one of the nicest gifts I received from my friend Sally.  This is truly a work of art, inspiration and incredible attention to detail!  This is a little trinket box, sort of like a cigar box, and she's decorated every single side  of it beautifully!  Here's the top:


And sides:







The inside:



And even the bottom! 


The papers and elements she used are just beautiful, I can't stop looking at them!  And if that wasn't enough, it all came with this adorable little tag:


I will treasure this for sure!  Thanks, Sally!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Wishes, Gentle Waves (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Azure Afternoon
 Ink Balmy Blue, Azure Afternoon, Misty Moonlight
Accessories Basic White Herringbone Ribbon, Adhesive Backed Glitter Sequins (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Seaside Wishes Dies, Unbounded Love Dies, Brayer (ret)

7 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

What a special gift. I know you will treasure it. I don't know why your card would not be acceptable. You just turned it on its head! From looking at the other entries, I'm pretty sure you are safe!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your card is oceans of fun and I love the pointillism style of that stamp! SO beautiful! As is this gift from your friend - I spy the perfect place to safely keep the snippets from your crafty times!
=]

Sally said...

Wow! I didn't expect you to post pictures! You blessed me beyond measure!! These cigar boxes are so much fun to make - I can't stop. Love you so much!! Hugs, Sally

Karen in Florida said...

I love your card! I have Gentle Waves & wish I had Seaside Wishes.
The little starfish are so sweet!
The box is AH-MAZ-ING!!! I want to be Sally's friend, too. The flower cart is beautiful! All sides & inside the box are beautiful!

Karen in Florida said...

Sally...if you need my address for your next cigar box creation, LeAnne has it! :) You did an amazing job! I love your creativity on the box front with the flower cart and all the dimensional flowers! VERY impressive!

Lisa Elton said...

That was the perfect set for this challenge, LeAnne! Wonderful card. Bravo to Sally for your special gift!

Wendy said...

Your card is just wonderful as is the precious gift from your friend, Sally! That is such a beautiful way to dress up a box and I know you are going to cherish it! The papers are so perfect for you!