Friday, August 2, 2024

CCCC32 Warm Winter Wishes

Happy Friday! Yay, the weekend is upon us!  My desk is covered with Christmas stamps right now, so when I saw the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge this week of "cute critters", I knew just which stamp I wanted to use!

And here we go:


I admit that this Mr Fox from Lawn Fawn is probably thinking that there is hot chocolate in his mug, but for today, we'll pretend that it's coffee!  I stamped him in Versafine Black ink and colored him with an aquapainter and inks.  I snipped a wee little snowflake from some printed paper and adhered it to his mug, and there is glitter on the snow! A pretty plaid mat and some Cherry Cobbler seam binding finished the outside:


A fun little sentiment from Oh What Fun went on the inside!

Here are a few more birthday cards from friends!  This is from my friend Karen in Florida:


And this happy one is from Tracy:


And this beauty is from Mollie:


And here's a shot of my family; Dana, Wayne and John all planned a surprise birthday dinner for me at a local restaurant...an Italian restaurant so I could have my yearly celebratory tiramisu!!  After a comical mixup of seating, the surprise was revealed and I was happy to be with them to celebrate my birthday.  A few seconds later, I felt a tap on my shoulder and my sister from South Carolina stood behind me! She flew up to PA the day before and spent a secretive weekend with Dana just to surprise me!  They REALLY got me!!  I was thrilled!  And oh my goodness, John is actually smiling, LOL! Poor guy was in torment all weekend long, keeping that secret!

Dana had another surprise up her sleeve, but I'll tell you about that much later!  Thanks for popping in today, enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Winter Fox (Lawn Fawn), Oh What Fun (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Cherry Cobbler, Christmas Salutations (Echo Park)
 Ink Versafine Black, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Pool Party
Accessories Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched So Sweetly Dies (ret), Aquapainter, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (ret)

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Christmas card and that fox is just the cutest sporting his pretty scarf & cup of joe! Love the plaid paper and Cherry Cobbler ribbon, too! It sounds like you had the best birthday EVER! So glad your sister was able to surprise you! And John should be smiling after that surprise! LOL Love the birthday cards from friends! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

What a beautiful family photo and great surprise. Can't to hear about Dana's next surprise. You are blessed, but you are also a blessing. Your card is very cute too!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm pretty sure amy loves hot chocolate, too, LeAnne! But no matter what is in his cup, your darling little Fox looks very happy about it... so cute with those long lashes!
Lovely cards from friends, and I'm so happy your family treated you so well on your birthday - a girl only turns 700 once! lol
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute Christmas fox. I love the Cherry Cobbler you paired with him and that plaid! Love the birthday surprise! Sounds like you had one surprise after another! That's wonderful!

Karen in Florida said...

Cute little fox card!!!
I LOVE the picture of you and your family!!! What a great birthday celebration!
John has a cute smile...he should use it more often. hahahaha!
Wishing you a happy, healthy and FUN year! Huggs

wienerhoneymooners said...

Totally ADORABLE & perfectly pretty plaid! Bow is the icing on the cake!!! Yay! Gorgeous card! So glad you joined in the challenge and what an awesome first entry to the link up!!!

Happy Belated Birthday! All the cards are Marvelous!!
HUGS!!
---Guest designing for CCCC
-Kimberly

Bonnie said...

Love this fox and his mug of coffee! What a lovely birthday surprise!

Lisa Elton said...

I love the sweet look on the fox's face! This is adorable. Cute family photo, sounds like a special day for you!

~amy~ said...

All your projects are fabulous, I especially love how you were inspired by the Caffeinated Christmas Card Challenge. I love that Lawn Fawn fox stamp! Thanks for joining in the fun!

Angy said...

What a lovely card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO GREAT -----also, you should post to Christmas Kickstart Challenge #89 Animal Antics (in the snow)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh LeAnn, I didnt see the Kickstart Challege started yesterday.. My bad, I thought it started first of the month like CCCC.... Yikes, terribly sorry.... I ADORE your card!!!!