Thursday, October 1, 2015

Two Cards…..

DSCF2173-001
…for today, the first of October, because there are so many awesome challenges out in blogland, I can’t get them all done in time!  My first card is for the Paper Craft Crew sketch 164 and the Color Throwdown challenge 362 :
Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch 164
















I pulled out an older SU stamp called Harvest Home and did some watercoloring:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Harvest Home Paper Pumpkin Truly Thankful Stampin Up

The background is a piece of Color Me Irresistible embossed paper that I sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to give it a darker color…the embossed portion resists the ink and looks really cool!  The banner was stamped every which-way with the sketchy line stamp from Gorgeous Grunge; the sentiment, leaves & acorn are from September’s Paper Pumpkin..what a great kit!  This is also for the Stamplorations Project 40 challenge; I chose this card as my inspiration!

DSCF2174

My next card is a little 3 1/4 x 4” card for a baby shower; it’s for the Kraft Journal’s CAS baby card challenge as well as the CAS On Sunday challenge to use polka dots:

 LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings A Dozen Thoughts Baby Boy

I used Crumb Cake for my card base, embossing it with SU’s Large Dots EF and giving each dot a little highlight with some white craft ink and a sponge dauber.  The “stitched” panel is from Stitched Shapes by Simon Says Stamps, inked up in Lost Lagoon, and the heart and duck are from Sweet & Sassy, Polka Dot Silhouettes.  The duck was stamped in Crushed Curry; the smaller heart was actually a larger image;  I heat-embossed it in white on Mint Macaron, then punched it out with a smaller heart punch:

DSCF2153

The sentiment is from A Dozen Thoughts, and I made a custom envelope for the card with some retired Christmas DSP from last year and my Envelope Punch Board!  This card is also for Little Red Wagon’s embossing folder challenge!  Phew!  I think I got them all in!  And here’s a little peek at something I made for the shower as well:

DSCF2104

Cassidy is becoming quite the little chef; this child can break an egg on her own and not get any shell in it!  She prefers to mix her cake batter by hand, rather than use the mixer:

DSCF2156

but she still does love to lick the bowl:

DSCF2165

Enjoy your day!

14 comments:

Denise Willerton said...

So so sweet LeAnne...all of it...the card, the little stuffy and Cassidy baking...it all makes me smile ❤️😊 Have a fabulous day...oh, BTW, where did you get the pattern for the stuffy, I'm always looking for new patterns to knit up 😊

Marisa said...

Great fall card with the rich colours and that ducky card stole my heart :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love these two cards today LeAnne. Such an adorable baby card. I love the white you added to the dots. The little lamb you knitted is so sweet and I can see it becoming that special item that gets taken everywhere with a little one.
Your Harvest card is wonderful. Wonderful colouring and images here and such perfect colours to fit the theme.
It's fun seeing Cassidy helping in the kitchen.......maybe she is going to be a Chef. I even have trouble breaking an egg without getting shell in it. Way to go Cassidy.

Lisa Elton said...

These are fabulous LeAnne!! I love those pumpkins on your first card, great shape and lined details. Your polka dot baby card is darling and just don't get me started on the little lamb ~ SWEET!! Love seeing little Miss Betty Crocker at work in the kitchen. Bet her cake was delicious!!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my gosh that pumpkin card is gorgeous! I have the smaller version in the best of autumn set but the full size one is so much better! Such gorgeous colors and texture. And that little lambie is divine! So cute! You are so talented, my friend!

Marsha said...

And again - beautiful cards. You really nailed it with the colors and sketch on your first card!
Your baby card is as cute as can be. SO glad you added the twine to make it eligible for the Kraft Journal challenge. What a wonderful EF and that embossed heart is really cute with the blue dots poking through. Thanks for entering the challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely lovely cards. The use of kraft paper is always such a joy for us to see and I thank you so much for sharing your talents with us.
Blessings,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Vickie Z said...

Fun cards!! Love all the texture you created on the CTD card.... great use of the sketch!! So glad you joined us at CTD!!

M said...

Both of your cards are fabulous!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon this week!! :)

Lori said...

Great designs! Love the watercoloring on your fall card. Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great CASE of Cornelia's card! Super fun yellow Ducky -- and oh boy, thanks for the memories! I remember helping my Gramma bake and licking the spoon was ALWAYS the best part!! Go You Gramma - she will remember these times I guarantee it :) and oh yeah - Thanks for joining in at CASEplorations

Eva Bussom said...

Incredible card! Loved the pumpkin!!! Thanks for joining Paper Craft Crew :) Eva

maria f. said...

What a gorgeous fall card (and little baker too!). Thanks for joining us at CASEplorations.

Crystal Komara said...

Hi LeAnne, I'm a bit late of commenting for last week card's but your coloring on this fall themed card is beautiful and I love the added peekaboo burlap. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Craft Crew last week! Crystal