Sunday, October 11, 2015

Paper Players 266 Very Merry Christmas

DSCF2291

Happy Sunday, all!  It’s Jaydee’s turn to hostess the Paper Players this week and she has a fun color challenge for us:

At first, I panicked, because I just had NO IDEA what to do with these colors!  Then I saw the CAS(e) This Sketch for this week:

and my brain kicked into gear!  My DT teammate Laurie is the QUEEN of dies, and she “enabled” me to get these cute Impression Obsession dies (DIE220-Q) a while ago:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 266 Christmas Cutouts

I simply diecut them in the corresponding colors and adhered them down (that was the hardest part!!)!  The sentiment diecut is from Simon Says Stamp (Deco Tree), along with a stamped sentiment from SU’s Endless Wishes:

DSCF2292

Everything was adhered to a Lil’Inker Stitched Rectangle and popped up on a white card base!  We cannot wait to see what you do with these cheerful colors!  Share your project with us at the Paper Players and meanwhile, check out what the other designers created:

Rock star! 

DSCF2281

Thanks for visiting today!

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Bam! Fabulous use of die cuts.....love the card!

Dawn Tidd said...

Those dies are to "die" for! So simple, yet so much fun!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute cute card LeAnne, love the festive die cuts!! I might just need an autograph from you know who ;)

Lesley said...

Wow! Cassidy is SO big now! Love the glasses! ha! Great card and use of the colours! Cute die cuts too! Hugs!

Leigh Penner said...

Great take on the sketch!

laurie said...

Well you know I LOVE this...I really like those dies. Love how you used them here! Cool shades,too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh this is such a Laurie-inspired card - I love it! These dies really make the most of this week's bright colours against the sharp white background. Fab LeAnne!

Claire Broadwater said...

I bought those dies and haven't used them! Great idea that I can CASE! I just love the simplicity of this and great use of the colors! XX

stampwithamyk said...

This is awesome!! I love those dies, perfect for a holiday card with this color combination. Now I want that set of dies too! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Great minds think alike! I thought these colors were perfect for a Christmas card too, and loved that sketch. Of course I like your card better with it's gorgeous die cuts. Miss Cassidy is looking so grown up in that photo! I love her t-shirt, too!

Jen Mitchell said...

I took one look at that sketch and had no idea what to do! I should have known you would have embraced the "three" shapes in perfect fashion!

Nance Leedy said...

I'm glad someone else had a moment of panic upon viewing these colors! I freaked when I saw them, lol. You rocked them in true triple threat style with these sweet little dies. Adorable card and spot on for the challenge colors!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, so sorry you freaked when you saw the colors! To me they screamed Christmas and... considering your fabulous Christmas card... you must have been channelling me somewhere along the line :-) I love your use of the repeated Christmas elements. Great take on the sketch- and the colors
hugs
jaydee