Sunday, October 25, 2015

Paper Players 268

DSCF2478

Hi everyone!  Happy Sunday!  Today, I am the hostess at the Paper Players with a sketch for you!  Here you go:

Today I veered away from fall and Halloween creations again, giving my beloved Mint Macaron a little love!  I needed a thank you card for someone who did me a big favor, so I cut some of the Color Collection DSP into strips, did a few layers of cardstock and added a sentiment from Friendly Phrases:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 268 Friendly Phrases Stampin Up Thank You

I rescued a Basic Black scallop that I had been chasing around my desk, unused from another project, added it beneath my circle, and stamped the “thank you” from the retired Itty Bitty Banners in Basic Black.  The flower embellishments are from Endless Thanks, stamped and fussy-cut; the larger ones have a candy dot center; the smaller ones, I simply filled in with a black marker!  Some narrow grosgrain ribbon finished it off!

DSCF2479

I have to tell you, the designers outdid themselves with this sketch this week!  I hope you’ll visit them all, then use their ideas to inspire you as well!  Can’t wait to see what you create!

The one-cheek method of stamping!

DSCF2445

11 comments:

Lesley said...

Great sketch and lovely monochromatic take, LeAnne! I tend to do the "one-cheek" as well. ;)

laurie said...

This was such a fun sketch LeAnne! Your mint and black look so sharp together. I love that pretty DP too.

So fun for you to have a playmate to stamp with!!!

Unknown said...

YOU are "THE BEST" haha! Beautifully executed monochrome theme in that light mint with pops of black! Lovely card LeAnne!

stampwithamyk said...

Love the colors on your card! Fantastic sketch this week, awesome card!! :)

stampwithsandy said...

What an awesome sketch this week, LeAnne! Like everyone else I like the monochrome colors of your card, and the bits of black really make everything pop. Cassidy is just too cute, and I love her little denim vest!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Awesome sketch my friend and I just love your monochromatic take on it. The black definitely adds a real ' va va voom' to your card and the soft and subtle Mint Macaron. Very elegant! Cute photo of Cassidy too - clearly deep in concentration!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Love that Mint Macaron. Great sketch, will have to give it a try.

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, this is such a great sketch. I love the combination of two sentiments on the front and your itty bitty banner is perfect. The sweet little flowers are the perfect accent and the black really makes the mint pop! A great card for a great sketch! And, Cassidy's outfit matches your card!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love this sketch! It is a keeper! The Mint Macaron is so pretty paired with the black. Such a classy and elegant card! Cassidy is working so hard. She is adorable! XX

Darlene Gabriel said...

Cute picture;)
Wow this card is so soft and beautiful! I love the combo of the black and mint.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the mix of DSPs and the touches of black really lift the Macaron. The flowers are the perfect finishing touch. Fabulous
hugs
jaydee