Tuesday, October 20, 2015

TSOT241 for Pastor Appreciation Month

DSCF2437

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Wow, there has been some weird weather this week….floods and mudslides in California, snow in Canada and northern New York, and frosty temps here in Pennsylvania!  I hunkered down in my wooly sweater and fuzzy socks to make a fall-like card for my pastor, since October is Pastor Appreciation Month:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings TSOT241 This is the Day Stampin Up

This uses the sweet sketch from Try Stampin’ On Tuesday for this week…even though it’s not my team’s week, I just couldn’t pass up making a card with it! 

I used a plethora of retired DSPs and even some of the bark-like paper from the holiday catalog a few years ago!  Remember that?  And this verse is from one of the very first SU stamps I ever purchased, Say it with Scriptures!  It’s pretty worn out but I won’t part with it!  I stamped it in Cajun Craze on Crumb Cake cardstock, then added some leaves and dots from the September Paper Pumpkin set:

DSCF2434-001

It was punched with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch, then trimmed with a retired Edgelit (whose name I can’t remember!) in Early Espresso!  I pulled out some more retired stuff….a corduroy button and stitched ribbon….to finish it off!  I also got some inspiration from the Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sight Challenge, courtesy of Michele, shown here:

39aff1644896b5eca06e9864ccdf2c2f

My pastor is an interim, and after a very rough time in our church, is filling in and trying to help us all heal and move forward with great anticipation as to what the Lord will be doing.  He’s doing a wonderful job, so I want to let him know! 

A little MegaBlock action!

DSCF2419

A home for an elephant…..

DSCF2409

and a dinosaur!

DSCF2413

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Ohhh, good ol' Say it With Scriptures! Probably one of the first I ever purchased, too! Great card, LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this!! Everything about it just flows together perfectly!! Cassidy is looking so grown up ;)

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful card for your pastor. I love the rich colors and the mix of patterns on this one!

~amy~ said...

Love how much texture is incorporated on your card! great masculine card!