Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Kraft Journal 246

DSCF2449

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  I hadn’t played too much with my Curvy Keepsake die lately, and when I saw this adorable creation by Rachel Tessman, I knew I had to make one of my own!  The Kraft Journal has a scarecrow challenge this week and since I don’t have any scarecrow stamps, I thought this would be perfect!

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Curvy Keepsake Box Scarecrow

Mine’s a wee bit different from Rachel’s; I used Crumb Cake for my box, stamping the line image from Gorgeous Grunge in Sahara Sand (stamped off) in both directions on each portion of it, shading the edges as well. I used a few punches for the eyes, cut out the nose freehand, and drew on the mouth and added a wee bit of “rouge” with Watermelon Wonder and a sponge dauber!

His “hair” was created by using a crimper on Hello Honey, Crumb Cake and So Saffron scraps, then cutting them into strips, gathering them together and tying them with some linen thread and adhering them to the top of the box with Sticky Strip.  I diecut a black crow from an old Sizzlet (Birds & Blooms, I believe) and created a tag with the acorn from September’s Paper Pumpkin kit; I used a Cajun Craze marker to ink up a portion of a sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes:

DSCF2451

Hmmmm…..I might just fill him up with some candy and give him away as a door prize tonight at my Halloween treat class!  What do you think?

Cassidy wanted to make some Halloween cards for her friends on the bus…I’ll just show you one today!  She was fascinated by this black spiderweb paper, but I told her she could only stamp with white on it, so we picked out a little ghost stamp and I helped her stamp them all around the edge.  She then insisted on giving them smiles:

DSCF2443

All of them….I guess she doesn’t realize ghosts are supposed to be spooky!  Lots of little Caspers here!

DSCF2440

DSCF2442

Don’t they make YOU want to smile?  Enjoy your day!

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that little scarecrow box LeAnne - especially the way you added texture to his face, and the crow and birds nest hair! Love Cassidy's happy ghosts too - so sweet!

Unknown said...

darling! Especially love the crimped hair!

Claire Broadwater said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this adorable scarecrow!!!!!!!! Cassidy is a budding artist! She is precious! XX

mudmaven said...

What an adorable project! Love it. Cassidy and my granddaughter would get along so well! ~chris

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my goodness this is sooo cute, LeAnne! I love the scarecrow nestled in the corrugated hair!

Dawn Tidd said...

I love scarecrows and this is adorable! Love the crow in his "hair". I bet this took a little while to put together. Cassidy is really concentrating…a crafter like her grandmother!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable, LeAnne. I love your creative little scarecrow. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Lisa Elton said...

Holy cow, how CUTE is this!! Terrific job LeAnne. It will make a perfect door prize!! Yes, Cassidy's card makes me smile, she did a great job!!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, this is way to cute LeAnne! So happy you shared it with us at The Kraft Journal! Just Darling!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love this scarecrow! I've never even used this die and I see that I need to get it out!