Monday, October 19, 2015

Snow Place Like Home

DSCF2398

Happy Monday, peeps!  I have a cute little Christmas card today, although I hesitate to share it because it features the Sleigh Ride framelits, and of course, they are on backorder at SU because of their popularity!  Hopefully everyone will get theirs before the holidays, because they do make super cute cards! 

I started with a Soft Sky base and embossed another SS panel with the Softly Falling EF, then added a line of diecut trees and a line of diecut houses:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Snow Place Sleigh Ride Stampin Up Christmas

I colored in the trees and houses with markers:

DSCF2399

I even added some “snow” to the trees with a white gel pen:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Snow Place Sleigh Ride Stampin Up Christmas-001

I finished it with a sentiment from Snow Place, stamped in Rose Red….does anyone use Rose Red anymore?  Such a pretty color with Soft Sky!  And I resisted adding glitter, because I thought it looked pretty just the way it was!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy received a sweet little stuffed animal from our 8-year-old neighbor, Gloria, so I suggested that she stamp her a thank you card:

DSCF2343

She stamped the scottie dog from Hey, Girl and colored it in with markers, adding a “thanks”, balloon and some grass (and a glimmer brad!):

DSCF2347

Then I told her how to spell what she wanted to say!

DSCF2348

We’re working on our letters and now she knows a wee bit of punctuation, too!
Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

mudmaven said...

With nearly 9,000 backordered and no estimated date for delivery, I am giving up hope of getting mine in time to make cards this year. There is always next year though! This is so cute. I love how you colored the diecuts - very nice. ~chris

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a sweet little scene you created. I like the shot of colours on those little houses. Fun pics too of Cassidy....I love to see kids crafting!
hugs,
K

Denise Willerton said...

so so sweet ~ LOVE your coloured village ~ I'm looking forward to creating with our little Katie ~ you always inspire me LeAnne, as a creator and a grammy! Enjoy your day!!!

jengd said...

Two cute cards here today. :)

stampwithsandy said...

Such a sweet Christmas card! I absolutely love how you colored the little house. So cute! How wonderful that there is another upcoming card maker in the family, too!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little winter village!! Darling card LeAnne. Cassidy did a GREAT job on her thank you card. And the girl loves bling!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the red sentiment and the bright houses! Cassidy's card is adorable!