Wednesday, October 28, 2015

SIP20 and SFF102315

DSCF2564
Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I wanted to title this post “The Saga of the Sad Christmas Children”…..but that would have been too long, LOL!  So here’s how it started; I wanted to use this interesting color combo featured at Stamp, Ink Paper this week:
SIP Color Challenge 20 800
along with the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday:


I had it in my mind that I had to make a Christmas card….so I looked through my vast array of Christmas stamps, trying to find one that would support Blushing Bride..not an easy task!  I found these wee sisters on a sled in an Artistic Outpost set called Sleigh Ride.  I stamped a Christmas background from Stampendous on some Very Vanilla, then stamped the girls in Early Espresso on top.  I had diecut this “merry” from some Gold Foil paper, so I thought I would use that.  Put it on an Early Espresso horizontal panel, added a some gold embellishments and it was done.

LeAnne Pugliese WeeINklings Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride

But the more I looked at those somber little faces, the more incongruous that “merry” looked….finally, I just had to rip it off.  It just did not fit.  And I don’t know why they look so sad….maybe their wee little cheeks are cold from being out in the snow? Don't they realize CHRISTMAS is coming?

DSCF2561

SO, I redid the panel; added some lace; heat embossed a vintage sentiment in Gold Glory embossing powder and changed the gold circle to a gold scallop oval:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Sad Christmas Children Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride

So they’re still somber, but at least now they are not faking being merry!  And I just got some new PTI goodies, and this sentiment fit perfectly for the inside:

DSCF2565-001
Enjoy your day!
Somehow, blue jello landed in my grocery cart this week, so we had a jello-making morning (and just for the record, I don’t think anyone, especially children, should eat anything colored blue….too much artificial stuff for my liking!).  But somehow I got coerced:
DSCF2557
And it wasn’t just blue; it was FROZEN Chilled Berry blue!!!  AAAHHHHH!
DSCF2558

10 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your card making capers made me chuckle this morning! As for the blue jello, I totally agree and never could see the appeal - those Frozen princesses sure have a lot to answer for!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, I have been following your posts for a while, but haven't commented. I had to today because I love the story of your card; I love how you changed it - it's beautiful! I really enjoy your blog, too. Thanks for all your lovely cards.

jengd said...

Oh no! You ate Elsa! That's why the Christmas children are unhappy! Oh wait... that's a Halloween thing. Nevermind. ;) Sorry. Had to go there. Lovely card LeAnne!

Diana Eichfeld said...

What a soft and pretty card! I don't normally think to use pink for Christmas but this really works. This jello is very cute and I'm sure will be a big hit. Thanks for playing along with us on the Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge!

Andrea Tracy-Tucker said...

I love your vintage card!!! Thank you for joining us on Stamp Ink Paper!!

creatingincolors said...

You made me laugh with your comments about the "merry" sentiment! In any case, love this card! The design and the colors are great. I love using Artistic Outpost stamps - need to stray from the norm every now and then!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh LeAnne, reading your post today about the expression on those girls faces just cracked me up! They do NOT look very merry! It reminds me of real old photos when nobody every smiled, I guess it was un-dignified. Well your card is gorgeous nonetheless, fabulous use of the colors, and I am going to imagine these young ladies with different expressions on their face Christmas morning!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a wonderful vintage Christmas card. I could feel your anguish reading through this today. I see what you mean about the merry just not being the right sentiment. I think you've settled you dilemma perfectly though.
Blue jello .............I don't think I could eat it. I'm sure Cassidy love it though didn't she?

Lisa Elton said...

Awww they do look kind of pitiful don't they, poor little things! But your card is PRETTY!! Love the soft pink. Blue jello huh, don't think I could do that on either!!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done card!! Love the image of the wee sisters. I can see why you got "coerced" into buying blue jello, your kitchen helper has a very charming smile. :)