Friday, October 9, 2015

KJ244 Spooky Witch

DSCF2275

Happy Friday, peeps!  Thank GOODNESS the weekend is upon us!  I snagged this cool digital image from the Graphics Fairy, and I just had to put it to use on a Halloween card for the Kraft Journal’s Halloween or Harvest Festival challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Spooky Vintage Witch Halloween Stampin

It’s hard to tell, but I used Crumb Cake as a base for my card, and added some grungy polka-dot paper for a mat.  The image was printed on Crumb Cake as well, then sponged with black ink and the moon was colored with Copics.  I finally cut into my hoarded Tim Holtz holiday papers, choosing a little “Halloween Greetings” image:

DSCF2276

The panel with the verse was more of an orange-pink color, so I colored it with a yellow Copic too…..it helped bring the color closer to my moon!  Finally, I added a shabby seam binding bow and some black glimmer paper stars:

DSCF2277

And for the inside, an oldie but goodie sentiment and a few well-placed bats!

DSCF2278

Thanks for flying by today!

The little mama, soothing AJ! 

DSCF2212DSCF2209

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Just love your Halloween card and those awesome images, LeAnne! Love the shabby bow & button embellishment and the inside sentiment as well. So spooky! Have a great weekend, my friend! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Sheeesh!! this witch surely is scary looking, but what a fabulous image it is!!! Love the scary scene you created around her, with those grungy papers and awesome pumpkin sentiment. The inside poem is just perfect LeAnne, thank you for sharing.
And I love, love this picture of Cassidy, so cute and sweet.
Hugs,
Maria.

stampwithsandy said...

I love your card LeAnne but I'm crazy about the inside sentiment! Is that a stamp or digi?

Linda Callahan said...

Vintage LeAnne is my favorite LeAnne......love this!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, what a great Halloween card LeAnne!! I love the little pumpkins on the sentiment panel. Speaking of cute pumpkins, her braid looks pretty!!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fabulous Halloween card, LeAnne. Thanks for sharing this in our challenge this week. I love seeing your cards, and I'm so grateful to have you play along with us. Stop by again soon, and have a blessed week!
Karen
The Kraft Journal

~Tammy~ said...

Another fabulous make LeAnne! Love this fun Halloween card, and I am happy you shared with us at The Kraft Journal! :-))))