Sunday, June 30, 2024

PP696 Sandy Toes

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Happy last day of June! Wow, how did that happen?!  The Paper Players hostess this week is Anne Marie, and I am filling in for her as she's a little under the weather!  But she did come up with this awesome tic-tac-toe grid, since it's the fifth Sunday of the month:

First, I have a confession to make....I have TOO many stamps!  Seriously! The stamp set I used on this card I have probably had for three or four years and NEVER INKED IT UP!  But I remedied that this week, so here we go:


I am sure that I was inspired by something my friend Michele made with this set and had to have it...and then it just sat! So anyway, I inked up this little boy, watercolored him in and paper-pieced his little boogie board and put him on a piece of Azure Afternoon striped DSP.  The edge of the DSP was diecut with a Penny Black die, and I added a sentiment from the same set; it's from Waffle Flower called Sandy Toes!  I only wish they had both the left and right flipflop stamps....it looks like this little guy has two left feet!



The tic-tac-toe row that I chose was across the top of stars and/or stripes, bling and blue.  Now you're going to have to trust me on the bling, because the only thing I could think of to bling up my card was some Wink of Stella on the sand....I know you can't see it here, but it is very sparkly in real life!


My final addition was some retired Wavy Trim.  The sketch I used is from FMS:

Such a fun sketch!  I added a sentiment from the Light the Candles kit---this set of sentiments is awesome!


I hope you'll have some fun with our Tic-Tac-Toe grid this week!  Share it with us over at the Paper Players blog and check out what the other designers came up with as well!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Light the Candles Kit, Sandy Toes (Waffleflower)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Azure Afternoon, Azure Afternoon DSP (ret)
 Ink Versafine Black, Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink, Pretty in Pink
Accessories Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Wavy Trim (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Curved Stitch Die (Penny Black), Aquapainter

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Very cute LeAnne. Maybe do mirror imaging with the stamp to get a right flip flop?

!neke said...

Lover this great card !!!!
groeten Ineke

Bonnie said...

Hurray to flip flops and sandy toes! This is such fun, LeAnne!

Karen in Florida said...

Your card is beyond cute and fun!!! I love the image! And you used Azure Afternoon...I guess I need to buy it now. I wanna go to the beach but it's too hot!
Thanks for sharing another adorable card, LeAnne!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE this fun card!!!! I love this azure color and that little guy with his sandy toes is so FUN! The sentiment made me smile and those flying flip flops are perfect. The twine across the card adds so much texture! JUST PERFECT, My Friend!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card. That stamp is so cute! I'm so glad I'm not alone in owning way too many stamps! LOL!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne! I'm so happy you finally got this set inky! And you did a great job filling in that row!! It has been one of my favorites for all those years and it just ISN'T summertime without it! Hope you'll find lots more fun using it!
I LOve it!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Love this card and the colors and design you did. Thanks for sharing it.

Kim S said...

What a great background you created for the sweet little guy! Love the stripes, the jute trim and your fun sentiment placement! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Mitchell said...

There's so much to love about this card! From his two left feet (!) to his polka-dotted boogie board - so fun!

Jan Clothier said...

Very cute! The rustic weave twine is a great choice for the beach vibe you have here. Plus, who wouldn't love a polka-dotted surfboard! :-)

Cécile RIBON said...

Oh this is just super fun! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.