Sunday, June 23, 2024

PP695 Sketch from Ann

Happy Sunday, everyone!  We are still in a sweltering heat wave, hopefully next week we will get some relief! Personally, I plan to spend some time in Dana & Wayne's pool, LOL!  Ann is our hostess today at the Paper Players with an awesome sketch challenge...sketches may just be my favorites!  Here we go:


As I said before, my friend lent me her Layers of Beauty bundle, so I thought I would try to recreate the vintage look of the papers from Country Woods...they are so pretty and lend themselves to the frame that Ann has in her sketch!  Here's my take on it:

 

I didn't want to lose any of those pretty florals, so this card is a little larger than a standard card size.  I attempted to make a frame with mitered corners (I now have a new-found appreciation for carpenters who can make the corners match perfectly!!) but I was failing miserably, so I just used one piece of DSP and used markers to create the corners...in other words, I cheated, LOL!  I stamped the flowers in Pecan Pie and used Crumb Cake and Pecan Pie inks to do the stenciling.  I left the smaller daisies unstenciled, and added some Pool Party and Bashful Blue inks to them with a Blender Pen:


My horizontal piece is Basic Beige, embossed with the Eyelet embossing folder, and I sponged on a wee bit of Crumb Cake ink to give it a vintage look.  The sentiment and dies are from Unbounded Love, and I did add a couple of Neutral sequins for embellishment.  Another Unbounded Love sentiment went on the inside:


I was pretty happy with the results of this attempt at vintage!  I hope you'll play along with the Players this week too!  Check out what the other designers did at the PP blog....you'll definitely get some inspiration!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy's final day of basketball camp was Friday, and Dana & I had some free time before her last game, so we walked around the college town of West Chester, PA.  The main street had been blocked off for a couple of blocks as they were having a music event later in the dday, so we got some cold drinks and sat out on the street in the shade of an umbrella!


I am not a "city" girl, but without all the college kids, and early in the morning, it wasn't a bad place to be!  It was nice to get some mommy/daughter time too!  Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Layers of Beauty, Unbounded Love
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Country Woods DSP
 Ink Pecan Pie, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Bashful Blue
Accessories Neutral Sequins, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Eyelet Embossing Folder, Layers of Beauty Dies, Layers of Beauty Masks, Unbounded Love Dies, Blending Brushes, Blender Pens, Crumb Cake Blend, Early Espresso Marker

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your attempt at vintage was a complete success! LOve your roses and your clever framing - but once again I'm mad at SU for retiring things too quickly! that flaky painted paper really wanted to live with me!
I adore that little scalloped sentiment frame AND these two sweet faces!
=]

Bonnie said...

I'll remember you way of mitering corners because I can never get things squared. LOL! Beautiful flowers that are frame worthy!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, LeAnne, you nailed this week's challenge with this gorgeous vintage creation! Your frame turned out great. Cute photo with your girl!

Tracy Grauer said...

I love the colors you used for the roses. So unique and it works beautifully with this card. Are you sold on the Layers of Beauty now?

Amanda Mertz said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne!! The vintage look was perfectly achieved and the "faux" mitered corners are perfect...no need to waste paper for that perfect cut lol!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

LeAnne you are so good at vintage - this is just beautiful! The neutral roses look fabulous against the blue wood panel. I have only used this set once but you have totally inspired me to use it more. The framing makes this look like a beautiful painting come to life. Gorgeous!

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous - and so are you two!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! This is such a gorgeous vintage floral card. The sentiment die cut is beautiful. I wish I would have thought of the faux mitered corner! You are so clever! It's a stunning interpretation of my sketch. Thank you!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so gorgeous! Your vintage card is perfect! I love the color combo, the wood grained background and all the other details! YOU rocked this sketch challenge, My Friend!