Thursday, June 20, 2024

FMS641 Christmas Joy & Peace

Happy Thursday, peeps! This hot week is winding down!  My sweet friend Sheilah very kindly lent me her Layers of Beauty bundle while she is on vacation, so you'll be seeing a few creations made with it in the future!  Today, I created a Christmas card with it using the sketch from FMS as well as the inspiration photo from Peace on Earth Christmas blog:


I chose the image from the lower right-hand corner, using green and silver as my main colors:


I stamped the outline of the florals in Old Olive and used Soft Seafoam, Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive and Granny Apple Green for the stenciling, which I admit, I did better on the first couple of cards I made!!  I diecut and fussy-cut the images out, then placed them on a panel that was embossed with the Simon Says Stamp Pepperberry embossing folder. 


I also stamped a SSS sentiment in Old Olive on Soft Seafoam cardstock, diecut it out, then layered it on another Seafoam panel on top of some silver glimmer paper:


It seemed appropriate to add some pretty silver sequins too!  And since I messed up the inside sentiment, I stamped it again on a piece of white cardstock and diecut it out to cover up my booboo:


I know none of my stamping friends ever do that, right?!  LOL!  I can add this to my Christmas card stash!

We have been watching the antics of at least two (maybe three) chipmunks that live under our shed.  So far they've not caused any damage but they sure are fun to watch.  They have several hiding spots, one of which is our downspout.  As I was sitting on my porch yesterday, I heard a noise and got my camera ready; they're not too clear, but he's a quick one!  First, you can just see his nose as he scopes out the landscape.  Honestly, he spent two minutes stock still like this:


The coast looked clear, so he began to venture out:


Not sure if he saw me up on the porch or not:


But he thought he should probably run and hide somewhere else:


And off he went!


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue, fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise.  The Lord is all I have, and so in him I put my hope.  Lamentations 3:22-24



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Layers of Beauty, Christmas Blessings (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Soft Seafoam, Silver Glimmer
 Ink Old Olive, Soft Seafoam, Granny Apple Green, Lemon Lime Twist
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layers of Beauty Dies, Layers of Beauty Masks, Blending Bruses, Pepperberry Embossing Folder (Simon Says Stamp), Stylish Shapes Dies

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the colors and the beautiful embossed panel! OMGosh, chipmunks are just the cutest little things! We have them in our yard and they absolutely drive Miss Bailee bunkers! She has already caught 2 which sadly they died. I am trying to teach her to share her yard with other animals but that isn't working and especially because she is a terrier mix. These were good pictures! TFS

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card, LeAnne, I like the embossing and the shade of green you used! I love chipmunks, they're so cute, this one looks like a little stinker! Took a stroll back through your blog to see what I've missed. So many pretty makes. Love that you're adding to your Christmas card stash!

I Card Everyone said...

That's a great friend! LeAnne, your Christmas card is absolutely beautiful and represents that photo so well! LOve the colors, your embossed panel and that little peek of glitter paper behind your sentiment, too.
I fondly remember sitting on your porch watching the antics of one of those Chipmunks under the shed! I'm wiggling my nose but as you can see it's not working, or I'd be there again!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

How cute is that chipmunk? I've only ever seen them as cartoon characters. LOVE the way you've thought out of the box and used Layers of Beauty in a Christmas context - it's just so pretty.

Kampin' Karen said...

I do love me a chipmunk ever since I was a wee girl. Your card is so unusual for Christmas...love it!

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful card LeAnne! Your take on our mood board is awesome and LOVE the embossed background! (don't forget about our Can You Handle the Pressure embossing challenge ... link below). OMG those pesky chipmunks are fun to watch but can be very destructive! Especially in my flower pots. lol Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

Bonnie said...

You've nailed these shades of green! What a good friend to let you stamp set for her! Chipmunks are so cute. My dad had trained one to go in his pocket for peanuts. He got such a kick out of that little critter.

Kim S said...

I love all of your soft greens. Isn't it wonderful to have a friend who loans you craft supplies?! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Timko said...

Love these flowers for a Christmas card. Jut lovely and such elegance. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a classy Christmas card! I love you choice of colors.Thanks so much for joining us at FMS this week.