Sunday, June 9, 2024

PP693 Color Challenge from Joanne

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Joanne is our Paper Players hostess this week with an absolutely smashing color palette:

I love blues and yellow together!  I pulled out a really old Papertrey set for my card today, because I wanted to use the sketch from Retro Rubber as well:


So here we go:


Vintage Picnic and the coordinating sentiments are from around 2013, oldies but goodies!  I stamped the basket in Night of Navy on Boho Blue cardstock and fussy-cut it out, adding some shading.  The flowers were stamped in Versafine Black and colored with Lemon Lolly and Lemon Lime Twist markers:


To kick up the Lemon Lolly color, I added a "napkin" and back panel of Lemon Lolly.  The sentiment was also stamped in Night of Navy.  I pieced together a couple of sentiments for the inside:


Everything went on top of a panel that was embossed with the  Basket Weave embossing folder.  I am also entering this at the FarmQuest Challenge, where they're looking for a picnic theme!

I think these colors are so happy and cheerful together!  I hope you think so too!  Please come play with us at the Paper Players and share your creation over at the PP blog!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Vintage Picnic & Vintage Picnic Sentiments (2013, Papertrey Ink)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Boho Blue
 Ink Night of Navy, Lemon Lolly, Boho Blue
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (ret), Basket Weave Embossing Folder (ret), Banner Dies SD203 (Nellie Snellen)

13 comments:

Joan VanCourt said...

Love this card. So clean and simple and summery!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this IS such a cheerful card. I love the color combo for the challenge. I have to get in there and play. Your craft room must look like a store with all the different items you have to work with for all your lovely creations. Have a blessed day.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! Love the colors and design and that embossed panel works so well with the basket theme! Great card for the challenges!! Happy Sunday!

I Card Everyone said...

You know me and blue - but add a sunny yellow to the mix and I am IN! Just absolutely lovely, LeAnne!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Your picnic basket of flowers is perfect with the embossed basket weave background! Love it!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

LeAnne: Hello!! Your cheerful picnic scene card is so pretty! The color palette works beautifully with your basket, sentiment strip, and backdrop panel!! And I love the basket weave embossing! For our wedding cake 28+ years ago I had each cake layer (double layers on 5 different stand heights) covered in basket weave frosting. It cost extra but I really liked the technique to go with the post-winter holiday glam that I was striving for. Your picnic basket with napkin and flowers looks like it was plucked right out of a farm meadow! Thanks for creating and sharing for FarmQuest #53!! --Becca

Jan Clothier said...

You're so right about yellow and blue being a smashing combination. Love that lovely textured white space too as it lets that sweet basket shine.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! Love the colors and summery feel!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so perfect for these colors. I love the embossed basket and the beautiful little basket of flowers with the striped napkin. Such a cozy, country vibe. You rocked this challenge! Have a great weekend!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so lovely and summery LeAnne - that flower-filled picnic basket is fab (love the hint of gingham cloth!) and the background basket weave embossing co-ordinates perfectly. Gorgeous - perfect for my challenge this week!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love how you used the basket weave background. It adds so much wonderful texture and reinforces the focal element. The colors look so fresh with all of that white. Love it.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! This is a wonderful image. The texture on this card is amazing. What a perfect way to showcase the challenge colors!

Claire Grantham said...

Oh LeAnne! This is stunning. You were so right about the colour combo, it's gorgeous and I love the basketweave background. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire x