Saturday, June 8, 2024

IB292 Surfin Summer

Happy Saturday, everyone! Hope you have something fun planned this weekend!  I loved the inspiration photo at Inspired By this week:


Laurel always comes up with the most fun ideas!  I don't have any oars in my vast array of stamps, but I do have some surfboards:


To achieve a weathered look, I stamped the surfboards from Pretty Pink Posh on some white woodgrain-printed paper, then loosely watercolored them, adding some shading of Smoky Slate here and there.  I stamped and diecut a sentiment from the same set, then mounted everything on a panel of Lost Lagoon that was embossed with the Pinewood Plank embossing folder.  Before embossing, I swiped a Craft White ink pad on the raised inside portion of the EF and I love the effect it created!


The Many Mates set was on my desk, so I stamped it on the inside, along with a little solid oval and some more surfboards:


I love this summery vibe!

On Thursday, I went to the Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement Community where Dana works (in billing, not nursing) and had a fun little stamp class for eight of the residents!  My friend and downline Sheilah went to help me and we all fun!


These ladies took to stamping like a duck to water...and I'll be back there in July to have some more fun!



Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Many Mates (ret), Summer Surfboards (Pretty Pink Posh), Stitched Shapes (Simon Says Stamp)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Lost Lagoon, Heart & Home DSP (ret)
 Ink Craft White, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party, Blueberry Bushel, Smoky Slate
Accessories Candy Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Pinewood Plank Embossing Folder (ret), Aquapainter, Sponge Dauber, Banner Dies (Nellie Snellen)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm hearing the Beach Boys, LeAnne! This is the cutest Surfin' USA card ever!
How fun to share what you love with that group!
=]

Wendy said...

This card is perfect, LeAnne! It goes so beautifully with the inspiration photo! Those surf boards are the cutest! Looks like the ladies at the home enjoyed making cards! These kind of pictures always make my heart happy! So fun!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is great! I love it! I'm impressed with how you "doctored" up the paper for the surfboards and the pine plank EF with the craft white ink is perfect. Do you store your stamps sets by maker? or theme? Also, kudos to you for sharing stamping with the retirement community!

Karen in Florida said...

Great card, LeAnne! I love what you did to the surfboards!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect summer card! Even though I will never ever step on a surf board!

Laurel said...

This is perfect LeAnne! I love it! ~Laurel