Monday, June 3, 2024

AHSC580 Deepest Sympathy

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! It's time for another sketch from Atlantic Hearts:


And I chose this sketch for the second sympathy card I needed to make:


This flower from Unity's March stamp of the month club was stamped in Stazon ink on some watercolor paper, and watercolored with various shades of ink. I know it's probably not the usual theme for a sympathy card but I don't think they always need to be in somber shades.  And I love that little lady bug!  After stamping it, I stamped it again on masking paper and fussy-cut it out to create a mask for my circular image.  I created that by creating a stencil with a piece of acetate and a circle die, then lightly blending some yellow ink inside:


I added some white sequins, then mounted it all on a mat of Basic Black and a card of Old Olive.  A sentiment from Close to My Heart went on the inside:


I think this sketch is super-versatile and I can't wait to see what you come up with!  Be sure to share it with everyone at Atlantic Hearts!  Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy's soccer team won their championship this weekend!  Now it will on to basketball camp and lots of other summer activities!!



Enjoy your day and be blessed!

So remember today and never forget: the Lord is God in heaven and on earth.  There is no other god.  Obey all his laws that I have given you today and all will go well with you and your descendants.  You will continue to live in the land that the Lord your God is giving you to be yours forever.  
Deuteronomy 4:39-40


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps God is Good (Close to My Heart), Hero Arts Sentiments (CL342), March Kit of the Month (Unity)
Card stock & Papers     Old Olive, Basic Black, Watercolor, Masking Paper, Acetate Sheet
 Ink Stazon Black, Old Olive, Real Red, Lemon Lolly, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry
Accessories Sequins from my stash
Tools     Aquapainter, Blending Brush

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve that little ladybug in the center of this lovely bloom, LeAnne. I also agree that this will go far in making that loss a little lighter for just a moment. Really lovely.
Congratulations to Cassidy and her team!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

I love the lady bug center too! Cassidy will be graduating before we know it!

Bonnie said...

This flowers with the ladybug snuggled in it's center is so pretty and I think works great for a sympathy card. So sorry you needed one.

Linda Callahan said...

Love that flower with the ladybug center! ANd Congrats to Miss C!

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, I like the little lady bug too, this is lovely! Congrats to Cassidy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think this is a lovely card to add some cheer at an otherwise sad time - the yellow is so uplifting. I love the pop of red from the ladybird too.

lichazul said...

beautiful card , congrats 💐☺️ happy day