Sunday, June 16, 2024

PP694 Clean & Simple Sympathy

Happy Sunday, everyone! It's Paper Players time and I am the hostess this week!  It's Clean-and-Simple week, and that means we keep our layers and embellishments to a MINIMUM!  That's a challenge sometimes, isn't it?  My theme is Sympathy or Encouragement.  It's always good to have some sympathy cards on hand, so that's what I chose for my card.


I had this pretty seashell set on my desk for another project and I thought how nice a card would look with just one shell, so here we go:



I stamped the shell in Versafine black ink and colored it loosely with Summer Splash ink.  The sentiment is very old, it's from Crafty Secrets and it was stamped in the same color.  The "sand" is from Country Birdhouse, stamped in Crumb Cake and I added some shading under the shell along with some Wink of Stella,  A Basic Beige ribbon was my only embellishment; I did round the corners for a little more interest.


I added a sympathy sentiment on the inside along with some more "sand".  I think the sentiment on the front is a nice one for a sympathy card.


While I had the set out, I made another card, coloring and fussy-cutting the shells, then mounting it on a Basic Beige panel that was embossed with a SSS embossing folder called Cast Away.  It is an amazing folder, perfect for any nautical or beachy-themed card!


It's not quite as clean-and-simple as my first one, but would make a great encouragment card for a special friend!

I hope you'll play along with our challenge this week!  Don't be intimidated by the CAS part...just use the basics of stamps, ink and paper and you'll be good to go! Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Country Birdhouse, Peaceful Moments (ret), Swirly Seashells (Close to My Heart), Seaside (Craft Secrets)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Beige
 Ink Versafine Black, Summer Splash, Crushed Curry, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake
Accessories Basic Beige Stitched Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Cast Away Embossing Folder (Simon Says Stamp), Wink of Stella, Aquapainter

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Both cards are pretty terrific, LeAnne! I always love a great beachy card and these 2 nailed it! Love the seashells and the sentiments! Happy Sunday! :)

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your sympathy card is just so lovely - and what beautiful sentiments outside and in.
I have ogled that embossing folder many, many times my friend - so wonderful for the wife of a Navy man!
=]

Bonnie said...

Beautiful shells and sentiments, LeAnne!

Karen in Florida said...

Both cards are amazing, LeAnne! Beachy-scenes are also so calming & great for sympathy cards. I love the embossing folder, too!

Tracy Grauer said...

Your cards are beautifully done. I like the rounded corners. It's a nice touch I don't think about doing. Those sentiments are so nice.

Kim S said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The way you created the sandy base for the shell is so fresh and simple - I LOVE the look.

Linda Callahan said...

These are both so elegant - perfect sentiments!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Two beautiful cards LeAnne and the first one is utter CAS perfection! I love the bright blue of the shell, so eyecatching and the sentiment is just beautiful. Great challenge this week!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

This is the perfect clean and simple card! That sentiment says it all! Love it.

Jan Clothier said...

What wonderful CAS perfection!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love both of your cards so much! Anything that has a beach theme makes me smile! The sentiment on the first one is so touching! The embossed rope is just amazing. I have never seen that folder. Both are CAS perfection!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne I love both these sentiments but the one on the first really tugs at my heart. I love that you kept everything simple on the card so that we could focus on the sentiment. I just love all the texture on your second card. What a gorgeous embossing folder
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, LeAnne! This is such a beautiful shell image, and Summer Splash is a great choice for a color. I LOVE this sentiment. Your card is clean and simple perfection!